I play indie and blues music and and out of conversation and research i came to this question and just wondered. How would it sound if a 4X12 cab was lined out from a high watt tube combo amp Like a twin reverb? Would it sound better and more pushed forward or would it be a overall and volume decrease?
If love was money I could afford you honey.

Bandalism [Ban-dil-i-zem] n.: the willful or malicious destruction of, or damage to, the fabric of a rock/pop/indie/metal group brought about by one or more of its members.
Nick vilensi from the strokes apprently does this with a fender hotrod deville and a 4X12 cab.

Bandalism [Ban-dil-i-zem] n.: the willful or malicious destruction of, or damage to, the fabric of a rock/pop/indie/metal group brought about by one or more of its members.
Do you mean different by open back and close back?

Different, yes.

In what way? Depends on the cab.

I've done exactly this, going from a Twin Reverb RI into a Marshall 1960B closed back 4x12, and in my opinion, it was not very nice at all.

(I had blown a speaker out of the TR, and just used this at rehearsal until my new speaker came in)

It was muddier, didn't have the "open ambience" that a good TR does (owing to the closed back of the Marshall), and tended to bring down the high end clarity in a way that just boosting the treble on the TR couldn't fix, it just made it harsher and piercing.

It DID increase the relative volume, in that I had to scoot the TR down lower in volume in order to mix at the previous level.

It's always worth a shot, though, as long as your impedance matches, it won't hurt a thing.
i ask cause iv been ask to play in like a kind of pop band, not my cup of tea but im willing to play any music with anyone, after all thats how we learn. And Im ganna buy a Twin when my college check comes in, and I was told that playing music like that would sound better through a 4X12 cab opposed to a 2X12 open back. I was hoping i could jus run the cab to the amp to get that sound, or if needed a bigger sound.

i think youll be fine with just the tr
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
See i thought the same thing. one of my buddys is running a 5150 with mids boosted and i asked him about his distoriton and he said he jus cranked the amp and he only had the presence at like two. So he didnt use the "metal" out of it to get his tones for his band, he just had a tube driven half stack