Hi, Pit!
I was wondering what you all thought that the best 2.1 speakers are... My roommate has these:
http://www.amazon.com/Harman-SoundSticks-II-Multimedia-Speaker/dp/B0001DBEM4
And I think that they sound great.

I've read that these (http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Z-2300-THX-Certified-200-Watt-Speaker/dp/B0002SQ2P2/ref=pd_cp_e_1) are also really good...

What do you think? Are there any other better options?
Thanks for your help!
They function as them, too... Or so I've been told...

But seriously... Haha

The range on the HK system (I think it's maybe like 40Hz to 25KHz?) is said to be not as wide as the other ones, but the review on another website said that it actually sounded to them like this was not the case...
My mate's got the HK sticks and they're bangin', perhaps a little bass-heavy for my liking but he loves them. I myself have a Logitech Z-3 set (about £60) and I think they're excellent but I am considering getting the Z-2300 you have mentioned as an upgrade.

PS - The Z-2300s have got 15 five-star reviews on play.com.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

I almost bought the HK's at the DFW airport on my way back to Seattle from Mexico this summer. They had a display model set up and they sounded so good. I'm still considering picking up a pair.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Yeah, my roommate's sound so good... I think that I should just get those... They are only about $110 on Amazon, so that doesn't sound too bad for me for a really nice sounding system. Do you think they would be good for working with music?
I bought the ZS-2300 about 3 weeks ago. Playin' some disturbed through them now.

They sound great and they are very loud. Very, very ideal if you have parties at your house. Or even not at your house; they are portable enough to take somewhere if you want to supply awesome music with powerful bass to parties.

A little scoop in the midrange is audible. But the crisp highs and powerful lows can make up for it if you don't mind a little lack in the middle of the eq.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
So do you think they're about comparable? Because I like the look of the HKs a lot, but I would never choose a system because of looks...

Also, how do you think they would fare as studio monitors?
Unfortunately no sub
but the M-Audio Studiophile AV-40's are nice as hell
Quote by Kensai
When I wear it I have to fight off women with a stick. Ifyouknowwhatimean.

Quote by daytripper75
Today, 2:51pm EST: Prodigy179 has officially hit puberty.

They're eating her! And then they're going to eat me!
OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-
Griffin Amplifi

It's discontinued though. Shame.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by wamguy89
So do you think they're about comparable? Because I like the look of the HKs a lot, but I would never choose a system because of looks...

Also, how do you think they would fare as studio monitors?

M-Audio's stuff is good for cheap studio monitors.
Otherwise I'd go with KRK Rokit's. Super legit for the price
Quote by Kensai
When I wear it I have to fight off women with a stick. Ifyouknowwhatimean.

Quote by daytripper75
Today, 2:51pm EST: Prodigy179 has officially hit puberty.

They're eating her! And then they're going to eat me!
OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-
Well, thanks for the advice, guys. I guess I don't really need a studio monitoring set-up as I'm mainly just going to be using this for listening to music in my room... Plus, I have Sony MDR-7506s, so I'm pretty set in the studio monitoring way... I guess the HK system is the best option, then...? I don't know... I just like to research these things, but my roommate's system just sounds so awesome!

EDIT: Motoxracer - Make that 5 people who like that song! Haha
Crunch Time(!!!!!!!!!!!): Should I buy the HK system RIGHT NOW?! I'm trying to decide. I think it's really worth it because I don't have any kind of computer speakers... I do have studio monitor headphones that sound great, but I think it would be really nice to have a stereo system...

Persuade me, please!!