Go with this.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--RTRBANSHEE

It has its own internal Amplifier, so you won't blow your amp.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Normally, to properly set up a talkbox, you'd have a secondary amp dedicated to the talkbox. Many people try to switch between their head and talkbox. This is a bad idea, and is why many people say they blow up their amp.

The Banshee or Banshee 2 (http://www.zzounds.com/item--RTRBANSHEE2) would be a good idea, as they can be used like a normal stompbox.
Only problem is, they're abit pricey considering I'd only be using it for the odd few songs.
The banshee 1 and 2 will not blow your amp, and neither will the Danelectro Free Speech. I'd think really hard about how much you're actually going to use it before blowing a ton of cash on a talk box setup. Thats why I bought the Danelectro and just run it to its own mixer and to the PA...super cheap, and it works great for the few songs I use it on.
i have a banshee, it's great but then again my amp is a pile of ****. It has a pre amp, so you should be good
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
The Banshee's a bit crappy really, but probably your best option. The only reason people think a talkbox can 'blow your amp' is if it removes a speaker load from the amp. It shouldn't do it any harm in normal practice, but the brief drop in load when using the talkbox footswitch won't do an amp a world of good in the long run.
I imagine most of the major problems have been people accidentally pulling out a lead, thus running an amp without a load and frying the OT.

The alternative is to buy yourself a really cheap solid-state amp especially for the talkbox- it doesn't matter how cheap or crap it sounds as long as it has a speaker jack. This will get your better results than the Banshee but is more complex and weighty.
The banshee is not crappy at all.
You don't even need an amp to run it.
Quote by kyle62
The Banshee's a bit crappy really, but probably your best option. The only reason people think a talkbox can 'blow your amp' is if it removes a speaker load from the amp. It shouldn't do it any harm in normal practice, but the brief drop in load when using the talkbox footswitch won't do an amp a world of good in the long run.
I imagine most of the major problems have been people accidentally pulling out a lead, thus running an amp without a load and frying the OT.

The alternative is to buy yourself a really cheap solid-state amp especially for the talkbox- it doesn't matter how cheap or crap it sounds as long as it has a speaker jack. This will get your better results than the Banshee but is more complex and weighty.

How is it crappy? It's not an EHX Golden Throat or anything...but still sounds good.
Quote by forsaknazrael
How is it crappy? It's not an EHX Golden Throat or anything...but still sounds good.

I think I put my point pretty badly...the sound quality is pretty poor, but to be honest it's by far the most practical solution so it's a good compromise.