Hello,

Si i recently bought a fender frontman25r for my Gibson lp studio. That was the choice from a laney and a line 6 spider amp for the same price range and category, there was nothing else in my place.

I really like the clean sound that the fender amp gives, combined with some reverb it sounds warm and deep, although when i set the bass to high, the amp does some small buzzing. But then the overdrive channel its just meh, sounds like a bad distorsion from the 70´s. I play mostly blues, lot of clean rythm stuff and some metal hard rock, and creed/AB

I was reading around and it appears that the cube amps are x10 better than the fender i currenly have, especially for the distortion. I payed around 200$ for the fender (thats what they cost here cant do nothing). The roland cube 30x costs around 250$. I can sell my fender for around 175$ then upgrade to the cube. Will i really notice a difference? is it worth it like the reviews and people claim? I trust you all, im asking mostly because i cant test the amp, i gotta buy it from the internet.

Thanks
If you paid $200 new, then you won't get $175 for it used. The Cube is better than the Frontman, but more for the effects on it, rather than the actual tone. You will get a better distortion tone, though. Personally I wouldn't make such a small step, I'd just wait and go all the way.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Here's what you do: you buy "beginner" equipment. Then six months later buy something a little better. Then six months after that you buy something even better. Then buy Seymour Duncans. Then buy a new guitar. You've spent thousands on "ok" equipment.

Or you could take my advice: keep the Fender as a practice amp. Practice. Then save your dough for some day down the road and get an awesome [gratuitous profanity deleted] AMP!!!!!!!
I know both are practice amps i dont need more and i cant afford something bigger. sometimes i play small gigs, in a jazz band at college or some jammins with other guitarrist and even my old laney 10w could do decently so i think i wont have a problem in sound potency, with the fender amp i have is more than enough for my needs.

How good are the effects?, i would like to use some of them for experimenting and enchancing my playing and tone, i cant afford a multieffect pedal currently so its why im considerign the cube to.
Quote by GraceKim
Here's what you do: you buy "beginner" equipment. Then six months later buy something a little better. Then six months after that you buy something even better. Then buy Seymour Duncans. Then buy a new guitar. You've spent thousands on "ok" equipment.

Or you could take my advice: keep the Fender as a practice amp. Practice. Then save your dough for some day down the road and get an awesome [gratuitous profanity deleted] AMP!!!!!!!

Agreed

You might end up selling your amp for less then $125 or you might even not sell it all.
The thing is, I doubt the tone upgrade will really be that great

Now, if you go down to a music store, try the Roland out, compare it to the amp you have now, and say "I LOVE THIS AMP," then this would make more sense

But if I were you I'd just save my money for when you have enough for one really nice amp.
Consider a used multifx in your price range and use it through the Fender's clean channel.
No, it's not. You'll just want a better amp later on. Seriously, practise, and save your money.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Thanks for the responses.
Yeah seems more reasonable then. I would look better into a good pedal then with the difference and start saving for something big for the next 1-2 years. I know alot of people here take the music serious enough, i do to. but i dont think im near the level or will be to able to play big gigs and record demos etc. I just like playing small gigs, jammin with diff people on college, playing favorite songs and recording some stuff all for fun mostly.

Someone said before that way spend so much on a gibson lp studio, i don't think its that expensive, i saved 2 years for it upgrading for a crappy used ibanez gio, it costs around the same and its in the same range as a good strat as far as i know and i couldn't be happier with it. Maybe im not in "the level" to own one, but for what i know and can play its very good.