I want to buy not too expensive amp (up to 150$). I want to play mostly rock and metal, but for metal I ordered EHX Metal Muff with Top Boost. Which non tube amp (i want ss amp, no tube or modelling amp!!!) choose?
Quote by Mattis16
I want to buy not too expensive amp (up to 150$). I want to play mostly rock and metal, but for metal I ordered EHX Metal Muff with Top Boost. Which non tube amp (i want ss amp, no tube or modelling amp!!!) choose?

you are going to find it hard to find a solid state amp that does not have any form of modelling, the best thing to do is get a 5 watt tube amp.
most SS amps all have modelling now

get yourself a used tube combo - it will sound great with the EHX, mine rips with my V50...

scope some shops or craigslist for a 5-30 watt tube combo and you will be happy you did

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by britishsligean
you are going to find it hard to find a solid state amp that does not have any form of modelling, the best thing to do is get a 5 watt tube amp.

Not always. The TS might want the versatility you get on a modeller.
Return the pedal and you can get the Vypyr 30 with the $150 and the refund. You won't need the pedal with any decent amp you can get for $150. My only advice taking into account the criteria in your last sentence would be a used Bandit 112.
As I said I don't want ANY modelling amp!

I'm thinking about Hughes&Kettner Edition Blue 15R, Crate FW15R (12" speaker?!) and Kustom Contender.
Quote by Mattis16
As I said I don't want ANY modelling amp!

I'm thinking about Hughes&Kettner Edition Blue 15R, Crate FW15R (12" speaker?!) and Kustom Contender.

Pretty sure that's a tube amp...?

EDIT: No, I was thinking about the other one
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
try and find an old Marshall Lead 12. it's an old SS combo that came out around the same time as the JCM800 series (IIRC). i got mine for $40, and i've seen them in pawn shops for about $60-$90, depending on the condition. it works great with pedals and had a good built in gain sound. it can get AIC sounds when the gain is maxed out.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Oct 14, 2009,
I need last opinion:
Hughes & Kettner 15R or Crate FW15 R for Metal Muff?

Is 12" Crate > 8" Kettner's Celestion?