Page 1 of 2
http://www.deutsche-welle.de/dw/article/0,,4772382,00.html

A secretary in the western German city of Dortmund is fighting to save her job of 34 years. She was fired for helping herself to a meatball from a conference buffet at her workplace. The case is to be heard in January.

Pretty harsh right... gotta hand it to her, though, she must've had quite some balls.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
inb4 testiclejoke

EDIT: FFFFUUUU-

OP is not supposed to pre-empt my pre-empting of humourous quips
what the hell?

It was on the buffet right?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Sounds like the boss really had a cow
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
I really thought this was gonna be in Sweden

EDIT: 34 years?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Quote by KeepOnRotting
She should have expected her boss to have a beef with her after that.
She's clearly lamb-enting her actions due to the harsh repercussions.
Bild newspaper reported that in April, a bus company in Regensburg in Bavaria fired a 46-year-old driver for stopping her bus to rescue a toad on the road.

Wat.
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
Why would she take rolls and meatballs when she already has rolls and balls?
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
OP is rather misleading. The meatballs were infact, not meant for her. So technically she was stealing. Although firing her was still a little harsh.
Bitch would sacrifice 34 years of labor because she couldn't exercise a little self control over a meatball.

I'm just glad she wasn't American or all the European's would be jumping down our throats.
The employer is about to be pwned completely in court as I seriously doubt he went through proper disciplinary procedure.
Enjoy paying out massive amounts of money in compensation and giving her her job back.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
The employer is about to be pwned completely in court as I seriously doubt he went through proper disciplinary procedure.
Enjoy paying out massive amounts of money in compensation and giving her her job back.

It would be awesome if she won a huge settlement and got her job back, only to quit.

The boss is an idiot, it's a ****ing meatball. He says he can't trust her... because she stole a meatball?

You think no one else has stolen anything from your office?

You think it's not harsh to fire an employer of 34 years for a meatball? If I was his employee I would seriously look at a change of scenery. The guy sounds like a douche.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Losing your job... what a ball-ache!?

edit:
Quote by Ur all $h1t
... and she probably won't need the job anymore, once her settlment payment comes in.
Last edited by AngryGoldfish at Oct 14, 2009,
Quote by dustyboy316
It would be awesome if she won a huge settlement and got her job back, only to quit.

The boss is an idiot, it's a ****ing meatball. He says he can't trust her... because she stole a meatball?

You think it's not harsh to fire an employer of 34 years for a meatball? If I was his employee I would seriously look at a change of scenery. The guy sounds like a douche.

Have you ever had a bowl of meatballs waiting for you at home? covered in delicious hot sauce, ready to be served with the cold mountain dew you went to the store to get just so you can have it with your meat. To find some bitch has eaten your meatballs?
its terrible, there is only one thing i look down on.
she is pretty hot.
Quote by jimmy_neutron
OP is rather misleading. The meatballs were infact, not meant for her. So technically she was stealing. Although firing her was still a little harsh.

Well I think your face is misleading

The OP never said they were her meatballs to eat
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by dustyboy316

It would be very silly if she got her job back only to quit. Courts probably wouldn't be very happy with that kind of ****. Getting the job back would probably be at the loss of some settlement money anyway, so it'd just be a really stupid decision.
Fringe benefits like this don't generally count as gross misconduct, which, in Ireland at least (and most of the EU has similar employment law) is the only way you can fire someone on the spot. Normally there is a process of verbal warning, written warning, second written warning, dismissal. Unless he went through that she's in for a nice settlement. She may also be able to get her job back.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
It would be very silly if she got her job back only to quit. Courts probably wouldn't be very happy with that kind of ****. Getting the job back would probably be at the loss of some settlement money anyway, so it'd just be a really stupid decision.
Fringe benefits like this don't generally count as gross misconduct, which, in Ireland at least (and most of the EU has similar employment law) is the only way you can fire someone on the spot. Normally there is a process of verbal warning, written warning, second written warning, dismissal. Unless he went through that she's in for a nice settlement. She may also be able to get her job back.

I've got to imagine that would be a super awkward situation if she did get her job back. You know that they'd be super anal looking for any reason to remove her.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
By the looks of her, she wouldn't care about your efforts. The amount of meatballs she must have taken by sheer force must be what caused to look so grumpy and Jabba-like.

my thoughts exactly

Quote by RU Experienced?
I've got to imagine that would be a super awkward situation if she did get her job back. You know that they'd be super anal looking for any reason to remove her.

Provided she did her job correctly what could they do
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Provided she did her job correctly what could they do

Nothing really, but it'd still be a pretty tense work environment.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Nothing really, but it'd still be a pretty tense work environment.

, I've been in that situation (albeit only for a couple of weeks as a better job came along), and it wasn't tense at all. My co-workers didn't give a ****, as they disliked the boss too, and provided I did my job correctly (which I did) the only interaction I had with my employer was to collect my paycheck.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Exactly. Only a bit. These women need harsher punishments for taking the meatballs of men.

The bible had a cool ball punishment IIRC.
Something about if a woman touches a man's balls while he is fighting with her husband her hand should be chopped of.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
The bible had a cool ball punishment IIRC.
Something about if a woman touches a man's balls while he is fighting with her husband her hand should be chopped of.

Hmmm... this gives me an idea... fancy collaborating on a modern update of the Bible, crossreferencing certain passages with modern day stories, like the taking of meatballs and that particular passage?
Page 1 of 2