i m just about at the point to replace my first set of strings on my dk2 and i play blues metal and all in between but i have no idea what kind of strings to use. say i want enrie ball 9's i still have about 15 choices so i dont know where to go from here and am wondering what strings will help me with my wide variety of music
D'Addario Strings, .9s or .11s for blues and Metal. Maybe thicker for death metal though.
I use Ernie Ball Regular Slinkies (.10) and they are good for metal and rock. Try them.
What tunings are you playing?
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
you could try some DR Strings Pure blues or Tite fits.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Quote by Dellinger1988
What tunings are you playing?

this.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by grimms
D'Addario Strings, .9s or .11s for blues and Metal. Maybe thicker for death metal though.

this. but get .11s i use them and love them

PSN: reldask
If you just play standard then keep the strings at .009 - .42 which is what they come stock.
Then I think someone said it'd be easier to do .010 - .046 for D standard/drop C
Then .011 - .049 for maybe about C# standard/drop B.

I could be wrong though.
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
49 for a B =o ... 54+ IMO
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
11's. but remember to adjust the springs as you change the strings so that the floyd is parallel to the body
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
yea id probably do standard tuning since i dont want to change have to tune down on the floyd rose