6 38%
Ibanez RGR321EX
5 31%
Schecter 006
4 25%
Other (please say in post)
1 6%
Voters: 16.
Ok sorry to make i new thread but i think this one will be alot better explain.

As some of you know im getting a new guitar for xmas to replace my pile of sh!t starter pack one and i need some help narrowing down what guitar is going to best suit my style of playing.

Firstly budget is £300 MAX and im buying new

I play abit of a mixture really...from stuff like Avenged Sevenfold to Bon jovi to Rage against the machine so abit of versatility would be nice. im playing it through a roland cube 15 and a zoom g2

As far as "tone" goes i have no sense of tone other than "what sounds good, sounds good" so testing out guitar doesnt help me one bit cuz they all sounds the same to me.

I prefer a strat shape but ive looked at some of the better squiers and they dont seem to be very good for metal and i dont play much blues so i guess they are out of the question.

I have narrowed it down to a few i like the look of but can you guys please tell me what about these guitars is likely to best suit my style of playing.

Epiphone SG Vintage G400 £200
http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Epiphone-SG-Vintage-G-400-Electric-Guitar-Worn-Cherry/B65

Ibanez RGR321EX around £250
http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Ibanez-RGR321EX-Electric-Guitar-Black/7TD

Schecter 006 deluxe £250
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/83683

Anything that is particulary bad about these guitar baring in mind they are just for bedroom jamming and nothing more.

Thanks to anyone who can give advice
Xbox Live GT: A7X Dan 09

Only Playing Gears Of War 2 ATM
i voted for the 006, but if you're going to be into soloing, you may want an Omen 6. it's got 24 frets instead of 22.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
i'm going to say the schecter over the ibanez just because i don't think you should get something with EMGs until you've got a decent amp. if you have a decent amp i'd probably go RG over 006
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
nah soloing is a long way away for me lol im only a beginner really

Quote by a7x dan
nah soloing is a long way away for me lol im only a beginner really

well, the omen 6 is the guitar I'm using now, and I occasionaly need that 24th fret. you never know. also, more frets means more to mess around with. because, really, besides playing music, guitarists love messing around for no reason
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Have you tried any of them out yet? If not, see if you can. You'll be in a much better position to decide then - you might find you love (or hate) one of them when you play it.
"As far as "tone" goes i have no sense of tone other than "what sounds good, sounds good" so testing out guitar doesnt help me one bit cuz they all sounds the same to me."

k, so you want to replace your guitar, yet you think they all sound the same? then why are you replacing it in the first place? tone is more the just your guitar, and if you havent figured that out yet - you are not ready for more gear

you need to go out and try a few to see what feels good for you and your style. Would you buy a car without driving it and just say "they all drive the same to me?"

you have lots to learn young grasshopper

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by Tyler Durden
"As far as "tone" goes i have no sense of tone other than "what sounds good, sounds good" so testing out guitar doesnt help me one bit cuz they all sounds the same to me."

k, so you want to replace your guitar, yet you think they all sound the same? then why are you replacing it in the first place? tone is more the just your guitar, and if you havent figured that out yet - you are not ready for more gear

you need to go out and try a few to see what feels good for you and your style. Would you buy a car without driving it and just say "they all drive the same to me?"

you have lots to learn young grasshopper

i must have read over this part on accident. this man is right, actually.
Quote by pedromiles101
i went to my local guitar shop and it doesns tock any major brand only a load of guitars ive never heard of before.

i tried an SG and Superstrat shape and i prefers the Superstrat only becuase i already have a strat....tbh ill get used to anythink.

like i said its just an upgrade to keep me going uptill i become reasonably good

Seriously, see if you can get to a bigger shop. There is a huge variation in feel of different guitars, and you don't want to risk blowing your budget on something you may not like.

Edit: you're not just testing it out for what it sounds like, you're testing it out for the feel and size of the neck, the upper fret access, the weight and balance of the guitar.....
Last edited by zhilla at Oct 14, 2009,
RG. I am actually considering getting that exact one myself I have heard it in action and it's great.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Epiphone SG since I like big necks, but you will have too try them out. These guitars are extremely different from each other.
I have a SG g-400. theyre really nice guitars. the vintage is pretty much the same besides the finish on the guitar. plays really well. feels very solid. very versatile guitar. can play blues to metal easily. once you get really into playing an dget a louder amp set up and if you play a more aggressive distorted style you will want to change the pick ups out for gibson or whatever suits you. the korean versions are bad pick ups but they are have some unwanted feed back but its not the worst ive heard.

plus make sure you read the post above mine. he is right. your choices differ from one another a lot. so make sure you sit at a local guitar store and play all of these a lot. see what feels best in your hands. dont just get it cause you think itll look cool.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
Last edited by Crohny at Oct 14, 2009,