Page 1 of 2
so, i recently got a call from a girl who wanted guitar lessons (i wasn't advertising, i assume she got my number from my friends or an old teacher). anyway, i could not understand a word of her English. she had a heavy Russian accent, i dont even know if i wrote her name down the right way.

anyway, if i start givin her guitar lessons, which i prolly will cuz i need the money, what are some things about their culture i should know. like i dont wanna walk in her house and her dad be like "GTFO WITH THAT BUTTONED SHIRT, IN RUSSIA WE DONT BUTTON OUR SHIRTS!!!!!" (do dads stay at home, idk?). i go to a school with mostly foreign kids, so i know a fair deal about Mexican and Japanese culture, but very little bout Russian culture cept the sterotype things like vodka and eyebrows.
Quote by TSmitty6
"GTFO WITH THAT BUTTONED SHIRT, IN RUSSIA WE DONT BUTTON OUR SHIRTS!!!!!"

IN SOVIET RUSSIA, SHIRT BUTTONS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Is your name Mike? Do you want to be everyone's friend? Do you look similar to lots of other people? If so click here

Quote by LesPaulLeader08

Fucking win S&R!
i was expecting these answers, considering thats how i reply to alot of threads, but theres always someone who takes the question seriously. so im hopeful.
Odds are, if they are living in the same country as you, they have become accustomed to the culture you grew up with, and will accept the way you act and speak.
Vodka. Lots of it.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Have sex with her mother.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Russians don't fool around with the sex, she's gonna fuck you when you walk in the door to add to the Red Army horde so they can win whatever patriotic war comes next.

Also, communism.
bellic is romanian. Vodka.

Also, I like black.

If you're of age, buy a bottle of Smirnoff and give it to your student's father, if she in fact lives with her father. That will get you brownie points.

Also, if she's hot, you better tap that. Russian accents are my favorite
Maybe wear a shirt with Ronnie Reagan on it.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Vodka>Raping commies

Also, I like black.

Quote by dudius
If you're of age, buy a bottle of Smirnoff and give it to your student's father, if she in fact lives with her father. That will get you brownie points.

Smirnoff really? that stuff is pretty middle of the road. i dont think ima buy them vodka lol, ill certainly drink if offered tho.
Quote by dudius

It's possible he'd be a bit insulted by that.
"here you go, have a bottle of Vodka, you big stereotype".
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Russia and Finland have always got on. Wear a Finnish hockey shirt to show your sportsmanship.

say how you liked Finland better when it was a part of Russia

Quote by Ur all $h1t
It's possible he'd be a bit insulted by that.
"here you go, have a bottle of Vodka, you big stereotype".

One of my old high school teachers visited Russia for a month and said that Russians generally drank vodka with their dinner, much like how some people in Europe and North America drink wine or beer with dinner.
Quote by dudius
One of my old high school teachers visited Russia for a month and said that Russians generally drank vodka with their dinner, much like how some people in Europe and North America drink wine or beer with dinner.

I know, T'was a joke.
Kinda like how showing up with a keg of Guinness would be a little insulting to an Irish person. Sure,we like Guinness, but it's kinda like showing up to an NAACP meeting with watermelon, fried chicken and poverty.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I know, T'was a joke.
Kinda like how showing up with a keg of Guinness would be a little insulting to an Irish person. Sure,we like Guinness, but it's kinda like showing up to an NAACP meeting with watermelon, fried chicken and poverty.

And crime. Don't forget crime.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Russia and Finland have always got on. Wear a Finnish hockey shirt to show your sportsmanship.

Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I know, T'was a joke.

Got it. Plus, if I were to visit Ireland, I'd hope to be able to get something better than the "Irish" beer we get in the United States.
Wow, I thought this was a joke / oxymoron thread, like "Jumbo Shrimp."

Srsly, if YOU are going to HER house as a vendor of sorts, who gives a flip what their culture is? They're inviting you. Do you ask the plumber to mind your culture when he comes to fix your pipes?
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

SWINE FLU FREE SINCE 1974
Quote by Dirge Humani
And crime. Don't forget crime.

He said "NAACP rally" not "Puerto Rican Day Parade."
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

Quote by MoroneSaxatilis
Wow, I thought this was a joke / oxymoron thread, like "Jumbo Shrimp."

Srsly, if YOU are going to HER house as a vendor of sorts, who gives a flip what their culture is? They're inviting you. Do you ask the plumber to mind your culture when he comes to fix your pipes?

Lol
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

In Russia, there is this hot chick who talks about the origins of words on YouTube, but we're really only watching because she dresses very scantily.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Well, being from Russia, it's safe to assume that when she said "Teach me guitar," she actually meant "Teach my guitar." Which, of course, being from Russia, you would be teaching her guitar to play her.
Quote by Xiaoxi
In Russia, there is this hot chick who talks about the origins of words on YouTube, but we're really only watching because she dresses very scantily.

i found who your talking about

thanks
Is your name Mike? Do you want to be everyone's friend? Do you look similar to lots of other people? If so click here

Quote by LesPaulLeader08

Fucking win S&R!
Quote by DieGarbageMan
In Russia, it is perfectly acceptable to pillage and burn innocent villages

in soviet russia, innocent pillages burn and village you
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
Quote by Silence&Requiem
i found who your talking about

thanks

You´re "hot for words" too?
I always thought she was from ukraine or something.

Also, I like black.

Just spreadin' the word....

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
man, can we change this into a "in soviet russia" joke thread?

just bring vodka, you will be win
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
Page 1 of 2