Hey i'm modding my DS-1 and i have some of the things needed to use it, but as far as ohms go, is it ok to have more ohms than recommended on the capacitor or resistor im buying?

Also, Radioshack doesn't have exactly what i'm looking for, so is there any other big retailer that supplies alot of electronic stuff? Possibly even better than radioshack?

Thanks
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
you can use a resistor with more resistance (more ohms) than recommended, but using different value resistors will give you different results..(sometimes you'll get VERY different results, depending how far off of the 'recomended value' you are)

and capacitors are measured in farads, not ohms, but the same goes for them. a different value affects the circuit differently..

smallbearelec.com should have everything you need for modding a ds-1, and theres lots of other online places.

if you're looking for a place with a storefront to buy parts, hit the yellowpages/google. the only (semi)reliable parts places around here are non-chain stores, or have very few locations. so it's hard to give you a recomendation
Last edited by james4 at Oct 14, 2009,
I just bought the components from the site the guy recommends on Instructables.com

hopefully this works
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!