hey everyone
please help me on this
i keep trying to bend a note (say liek 15b17, but it really doesnt matter what note or string)
what happens is that the sound always cuts out after a few seconds (doesnt really ring)
im doing nothing with my right hand after striking it first

its definitely a technique thing of some sort because it happens when i use any of my guitars
hardly lets lets me do a bend vibrato (unless i hit the note after its already bent)

is there some technique that I am missing? (like moving the other strings while bending?)
Taylor 314CE
Modulus G2T and G3CT
3 Warmoth Guitars
2 Fender MIA Strats--SRV & JM
Alvarez w/ Modulus Neck and EMG DG-20s
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 w/ 1960a cab
Breedlove AC250/SM12
Gold Tone Weissenborn
Adrenalinn III & FCB1010
ALOT of pedals
Last edited by AXmichigan at Oct 14, 2009,
Or you're unconsciously letting the pressure off the note - you may not notice it as you are still putting enough pressure on to keep it bent, but you may be letting your finger some away from the fretboard enough to let the note die.
Well this thread answered a question of mine. My ibanez always looses the note after the bend.
He's no good to me dead-Boba Fett
Most of us use a vibrato technique that is great for electric guitar. We waggle the string a bit on a held note and the friction against the fret keeps the note going. In a bend, its not so easy to do without losing the pitch, so try using a classic violin vibrato where you finger waggles up and down the string a bit. That often works if you can't play with enough natural feedback to keep the note anyway. Gary Moore uses that a bit although with his rig its not really necessary.
But if it is fretting out, you'll need a proper and full setup.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by zhilla
Or you're unconsciously letting the pressure off the note - you may not notice it as you are still putting enough pressure on to keep it bent, but you may be letting your finger some away from the fretboard enough to let the note die.

dude that was exactly it i think
i realized that i kinda let go on the down (towards fretboard) force, and was using the force to rather push it up

thanks for the help!
Taylor 314CE
Modulus G2T and G3CT
3 Warmoth Guitars
2 Fender MIA Strats--SRV & JM
Alvarez w/ Modulus Neck and EMG DG-20s
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 w/ 1960a cab
Breedlove AC250/SM12
Gold Tone Weissenborn
Adrenalinn III & FCB1010
ALOT of pedals