Page 1 of 2
this is my design please don't take it! I think its pretty sick but that's just me!
(BTW Bobby this is the design im going to enter into the design contest, once i find out the specs.) please comment and help tell me some flaws with it or any thing you can think of!
thatll be paaaainful to play sitting down!
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Fender 300CE T-Bucket
Dean DOF ML [For Sale]
Marshall AVT 2000 valvestate
Ibanez modified turbo tube screamer
Digitech RP250
Sorry, but i don't really like this shape. Mostly functionality wise, I think if you put more thought and planning into it overall and rethink things like all those spikes where your leg would go...
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
^ Agreed.

Not to mention, you slant the fretboard to increase the number of upper frets on the high side, but do nothing to help your fingers get to them. Your cutaway needs to be deeper and further away from the neck.

EDIT: the agreed was to whoever posted before savage.
build 1, finished 1/15/11

Every time I try to pick it up like falling sand,
As fast as I pick it up,
it runs away through my clutching hands.
There's nothing else I can really do...
Why is everyone going with these kinds of distorted shapes? Ya, they're different but they look terrible...
ok what about this and i forgot to add the pic with the cutaway! But i dont think i will have the fretboard that long! maybe just 24 frets...

EDIT: ok here is the cut away that is just rounded for easier access!
Last edited by savage94 at Oct 14, 2009,
reminds me too much of this for some reason..
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
It's still gonna feel awkward on your leg man.

As fast as I pick it up,
It just looks like it's had huge bites taken out of it
R.I.P. Lester William Polsfuss June 9, 1915–August 13, 2009
Quote by Moggan13
I'm dissapointed by the lack of penis.

If anyone sigs that, i'll fucking kill them.
Quote by Kensai
I'm a good person and I never meet any pretty girls who loves jesus
Dude, to be perfectly honest it's a flawed design. There's no UFA (even when you added the PRS cutaway, the horn itself is still too close to the neck and the slant of the fretboard is too far away from it) and it's not a comfortable design. I don't even have to have a physical model to tell you that it isn't comfortable to play sitting down, and a danger to play standing up. Your reverse horn on the low side would stab someone if they were moving around while playing...

As fast as I pick it up,
I'll be most definitely honest with you.

It is monstrous, and atrocious. I mean BC Rich make horrible enough guitars as it is, don't make BC Rich look good.
Okay, TS i just took a few minutes to draw up a design inspired by yours, just food for thought, it might not appeal to you at all though.
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

its just not an attractive shape. spiky guitars look nice because it's unusual, but not overdone like yours. also this is really impractical, as already mentioned that would hurt to play sitting down, and i reckon even when standing up those two spikes on the top (the left hand side in the picture) would dig in a little bit. also the spikes at the bottom in the pic would be put under major stress by your strap and would probably end up cracking/snapping off altogether.

also im going to assume that the funny sticky out bit at the bottom right of the pic is where the jack would be, if it is the jack would be very exposed and easily knocked/broken.
Quote by stringsquealer
dude you have a razorback explosion?!?!
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E
Munky has a reason. A reason to live. *applauds*

Last edited by munkymanmatt at Oct 14, 2009,
Quote by blindsagacity
Okay, TS i just took a few minutes to draw up a design inspired by yours, just food for thought, it might not appeal to you at all though.

this looks extremely similar to a B.C. i saw in a catalogue, give me a minute to find it...
Quote by stringsquealer
dude you have a razorback explosion?!?!
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E
Munky has a reason. A reason to live. *applauds*

^probly a beast
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

Looks like a treasure map,

Yar. Here be gold.

Also, unless this is solid maple, walnut, rosewood, or something else heavy an expensive, it won't have enough mass to keep the neck from sliding down while standing up. And we've already addressed the sitting issues.
Quote by blindsagacity

that looks good ! but what about this.
Quote by blindsagacity
^probly a beast

the bottom half is almost the same as a beast. the top horn is kinda like a mockingbird. not exactly, but it's the closest i can thing of.

and to TS, i dont really like your design. and the last one got worse for some reason (IMO). sorry.
maybe if you used something better than crayons and paint the design would look better.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Oct 14, 2009,
Its getting better for sure. I still think the bottom could use a bit of cleaning up, but thats all personal preference, as long as its comfortable, don't let us stop you.
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

TS, it's far too busy. there's nothing to stand out, because nothing overpowers the other parts. for example on a strat shape, you have 2 horns. then you have roundness. the way the horns are, if you've never seen that shape before, it draws you to the top horn, then the bottom one.

on that, it has 4 points. the ones that catch you are the bottom one near the bridge and the top one near the bridge. why not the other 2? you're used to those 2. every old strat shape has those.

yours wants to draw me to 3 places, which seems too much. the bottom bridge, the bottom by the neck, and the top by the neck.

too many!!! 2 is the number that really works.

in addition, you want sleek, rounded, undistracting lines that don't seem to deconstruct the design. tones of companies make designs, ALL the hugely popular ones are sleek, thought out, and have 2 points. all the ones that used to be popular, and are deemed classics, have 2 points. the only time when a different style was the norm was when the standard was an acoustic, and everyone was making acoustic based designs, such as the old school jazzbox and to an extent, singlecut guitar shapes.

that is why people are calling your idea ugly- I suggest messing with it until it fits the standardized norm of electric guitar shapes- your design is too chaotic to catch my eye in a guitar shop.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
now this is busy but looks awesome... this is using blind's drawing and mine. it looks comfortable to play sitting down and its really sick!
this newest one loks a lot better. maybe still a little pointy on the bass side, but the lack of wiggles on the treble waist is a good thing
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by ldnovelo
sorry.
maybe if you used something better than crayons and paint the design would look better.

FIRST OF ALL I DON'T USE CRAYONS!!!!!! and i dont have great drawing skills! so its not my fault....but i didn't ask for your opinion of how well i can draw i asked about the shape and if people liked it!
that one is the best yet!!!

I like how each little bump accentuates a point.

and that one main point does a lot for it.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

So it looks ok? i like this one better than the original one..... the original one looked like an island on a map! lol!
thin out that fat horn neck/bottom horn, and make the neck/top horn curl a little more, so you don't stab your badass self on the stage.

noting is more metal than puncturing a ribcage, till you die halfway though the solo.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

any ideas on the finish???? or woods? i was thinkin basswood or something cheap maybe Pine cause its one of the most common woods around my area (RI) maybe a satin black finish or a natural finish... give me some ideas!

thanks, dave
purple swirl?
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
yay! someone took my advice!

Ima happy blind.

Also, I'm gonna recommend a harder wood than basswood, and DEFINATELY a harder wood than pine. Especially with a radically shaped guitar, you'll regret softer woods.
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

Last edited by blindsagacity at Oct 14, 2009,
^ okay but im on a budget any ideas for cheap heavy wood... LOL! but something that isnt a very hard wood to cut....
Quote by Y3rd4dd1
Why is everyone going with these kinds of distorted shapes? Ya, they're different but they look terrible...

probably a combination of thinking it makes it look metal with an extremely poor understanding of ergonomics and design.
I don't mean to sound like a dick or anything, but to be perfectly honest, IMO that design looks shit hole.

It has way to many little curls and sharp edges. It needs to be more flowing and a whole less sharp edges.
Looks like it's slowly transforming into a BC rich beast, which isn't a good thing tbh.
Orange Enthousiast.
well i like it! so.... how do you figure??? its not at all like a beast?

Last edited by savage94 at Oct 15, 2009,
Cheaper, harder, heavier wood = Padauk.

As fast as I pick it up,
There's no reason to pay $60 for a guitar's body wood. Especially not for just mahogony...check a local lumber yard.
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

Page 1 of 2