Hey guys, I've just restrung my Ibanez RG for the first time since getting it, and have run into a massive problem with the Floyd Rose. When I took the strings off, it sank down into the cavity, like you'd expect. However when I restrung it and tuned the strings to pitch, the bridge was still wedged firmly against the base of the cavity. Now its unplayable, as there is fret buzz on every fret of every string.

Could restringing it have messed up the tension on the tremsetter and caused it to get stuck at the bottom? How can I loosen the tension so the bridge returns to its normal place? I've tried loosening the claw spring screws, and fiddling with the knobs on the tremsetter, but still got nothing

Any help is really really appreciated!

Ibanez RG1550 with Bareknuckle Nailbombs and Mothers Milk
1976 Gibson SG Standard
Peavey 6505
Framus 2x12 (V30s)

i'm pretty sure you're supposed to block it with something before you change strings so it doesn't do that in the first place.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
yeah, now you messed up the tension. try loosening the trem springs and then tuning back up, it should help/fix it. from now on though, either block the trem before you unstring it if you're removing all the strings or only restring it one at a time.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by sammo_boi
i'm pretty sure you're supposed to block it with something before you change strings so it doesn't do that in the first place.

this. theres a whole thread for this stuff

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226

and it will give u specifics for each different ibanez trems
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
it`s a ibanez it doesn`t have a floyd rose, it has a edge series trem, but the same principles apply. (just me being anal)

what i`d do is from where it`s at now use the bar to dive to where it should be the block it then tune it the adjust the springs, remove whatever you`ve used to block it and set then bridge up properly so that it`s parallell to the body. (don`t adjust anything by more than a 1/4 turn at a time)

next time, change 1 string at a time or block the bridge when restringing