In retaliation against the gas company, my grandfather has gotten rid of our small propane heater in our living room for a monstrous iron abomination that he claims will cut down on the gas bills (read: eliminate them entirely.)

It's pretty bad ass, I have to admit. I feel like some sort of pioneer or something with this rustic motherfucker taking up a quarter of the living room.

So, anyone else using alternative energy sources? This thing probably isn't very environmentally friendly but it should cut down on heating costs.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
wood burning stoves are AWESOME dude. my grandpa has one in his house and its the coziest thing EVER. you could never possibly be more comfortable than you are when you are sitting in a big chair, with a blanket, in a room heated by a wood burning stove... especially when it's snowing outside. its a completely different kind of warm. its not like the dry hot air of a furnace, its the kind of warm that warms you right to your bones. you will come to love the stove more than anything else in your house dude.
I've been living with a wood furnace for 17 years.
A polar bear came to talk to me the other day....
...But then I realized...
...I don't own a coat, let alone firecrackers

Visit my Soundcloud, OR SUFFER.
Quote by metalh3ad88
Wood you recommend the stove to someone else?

I've noticed that a majority of your posts are puns. Keep doing it.
B|-----------------MEEDLY
G|-----------------------------MOODLY
D|----------------------------------------------------------------------WEE
A|DUN-DUN-----------------------------------------DEEWOP
E|DUN-DUN-------------------------------DOON
Quote by metalh3ad88
Wood you recommend the stove to someone else?

I guess. We've only had it about an hour.

I feel some heat coming from it, but then again, our computer is less than six feet from it, meaning that I'm less than three feet from the stove....

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Wouldn't a wooden stove catch on fire?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by dudetheman
I guess. We've only had it about an hour.

I feel some heat coming from it, but then again, our computer is less than six feet from it, meaning that I'm less than three feet from the stove....

You missed the joke, man.
Quote by Grindar

You missed the joke, man.

I realized that after I typed my response.

Then I was like, "damn." and I posted it anyways.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
We've had a woodstove since the house was built, which happens to be before I was born.
Keeping it real since '92
The only downfall of a wood stove is that you have to go out and collect firewood for the winter and then venture out in -30C winter conditions to bring the wood into the house as you need it. At least I had to for my entire childhood and teen life.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
I had one.

Then I realized it wasn't 1492 and bought some goddamn oil.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
The only downfall of a wood stove is that you have to go out and collect firewood for the winter and then in -30C winter conditions, you have to keep a stockpile inside your house. At least I had to for my entire childhood and teen life.

When trees die and fall down in our yard (which happens a lot since we live in rural Virginia) we cut them up with a chainsaw and pile them in the back field anyways, so we have plenty of firewood.

We also have a wood shed built onto our house with a small trapdoor that leads inside, so I can open the little door and get wood from indoors.

Awww yeah.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
I live in the boonies, we have on and use it exclusively to keep the house warm.

There's nothing more cozy than sitting down at the foot of the wood burning stove with your laptop.

The only downside is all the damn work it takes to split the wood that you burn.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by dudetheman
When trees die and fall down in our yard (which happens a lot since we live in rural Virginia) we cut them up with a chainsaw and pile them in the back field anyways, so we have plenty of firewood.

We also have a wood shed built onto our house with a small trapdoor that leads inside, so I can open the little door and get wood from indoors.

Awww yeah.

well aren't you just the luckiest wood burning kid in town.
what kind of trees are you looking to burn?..you say Virginia, so I'd assume hardwoods?
My family always burnt hemlock, it never smelt very good, but it burnt forever and seemed to generate more heat then the pine and birch that we had as alternatives.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
we have one. It's fanastic in winter. Especially a few years ago when the central heating was out for a week in January because the boiler crapped out on us, keeps you roasty toasty.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
I've been living with a wood furnace for 17 years.

Same here, we only have tiny electronic ovens in some rooms, other than that it's pure wooden heating in the colder parts of the year.

My cousin owns a forest, so we have zero problems getting hold of firewood

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Wood burning stove= so damn cozy.
There is nothing better than laying next to it with a good book and hot chocolate when its cold outside