Ok, so for quite some time now I've been thinking of getting a new guitar. I plan on getting it for my birthday in April but I still do not have a set guitar I would like to purchase. As usual you're probably going to want to know some information so here...

I plan on anything $1000 or less as a budget, but thats about as far as I think I can go. Umm, I've been really looking at a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser but I'm not so sure right now. I play mainly Post-Hardcore, Metalcore, and some Death Metal and a little Prog Metal. I really want something that can get a nice distorted sound but at the same time be very melodic and tonal. I want a guitar that can get a nice sound for the heavier riffs like Job For A Cowboy's and Bring Me The Horizon, and even The Devil Wears Prada. But I also want to be able to have a good sound for Between The Buried and Me and Protest The Hero-like songs.

I don't really have too many preferences. I have found Floyd Rose trem's to be quite a hastle in the past and I have found thin necks like the Ibanez Wizard necks to be slightly more comfortable. These are more like icing on the cake I guess you could say. They're nice but not exactly a requirement.
Gear
Ibanez JS1000
DigiTech DF-7 Distortion Factory
Fender Strat
Vetta II
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
How can you not be content with that JS1000? But I would reccomend(as I always do) and Ibanez S520EX. But you should block the trem if its that big a deal. But it fits all those expectations(from my experience) but I also got one with a defective pickup toggle, so I don't know how the other ones are...
That S520EX looks pretty good I might take a closer look at it. Yeah but keep the reccomendations coming they are very much appreciated.
Gear
Ibanez JS1000
DigiTech DF-7 Distortion Factory
Fender Strat
Vetta II
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
If you're going to be changing tunings a fair bit i do not recommend a floyd rose bridge. I made that mistake and have to leave it in standard or drop D most of the time as retuning it is a pain. That's all I really have to say other than good music taste
ARCHITECTS

UNDEROATH

Aaron Gillespie
Dallas Green

Hey man I'd suggest waiting around a bit longer for recommendations as NAMM is quickly approaching and new guitars will be announced and released and heck some of them may just make you want to save longer.