I board at a college in the UK. We are not allowed alcohol in our rooms or anywhere in the boarding house, as we are all (mostly) under 18. My friend has a mini fridge in his room. The mini fridge has a window. One of our houseparents saw through the window, and could see a bottle of vodka, which she confiscated. So now my mate thinks he's getting expelled as he has already been suspended twice. I'm now in a pretty bad mood.

But i was wondering... what is the law when it comes to this kind of thing? She had to physically open his mini fridge to get to the vodka, does that make it illegal, even though she could see it through the window? I know she isn't legally allowed to go through our stuff, but this is different.

And yes, i know my mate is an idiot.
I think your mate's ****ed.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Is your friend under 18?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
if its in plain site its fair game. quit being a moron and put up shades for the fridge or get one without a window...

you crazy kids...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
If she sees it then she has reasonable cause for search and seizure. Nothing illegal about it if the stuff isn't allowed in the first place.
You're a couple of underage drinkers who got caught with a bit of booze. Throwing the law around is not going to help you, are you really going to (pay to) take this woman to court or make any other claim over her finding your booze? Also she saw it through the window, so she had reason to believe that you were possessing illicit materials.

You really should've just hid your booze better. And don't go waving the law around, you could take someone's eye out with it.
their right if they can see it its fare game, next time ditch the bottle and poor the vodka in a water bottle so they dont know the difference
Alright guys, cheers for the clarification. We were just looking for any slither of hope really.

And i don't think there was any need to call me a moron, it was just a simple question.
Quote by Sacrebleu!
And i don't think there was any need to call me a moron...
Not on this one.
But there will be many more opportunities to cause that need, in the future.
I'm certain you won't let us down.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Sacrebleu!
We are not allowed alcohol in our rooms or anywhere in the boarding house, as we are all (mostly) under 18. My friend has a mini fridge in his room. The mini fridge has a window. One of our houseparents saw through the window, and could see a bottle of vodka, which she confiscated. So now my mate thinks he's getting great-googly-moogly as he has already been suspended twice. I'm now in a pretty bad mood.

But i was wondering...
what is the law when it comes to this kind of thing? She had to physically open his mini fridge to get to the vodka, does that make it illegal, even though she could see it through the window? I know she isn't legally allowed to go through our stuff, but this is different.

Yes folks, that's right. They live among us. They're allowed to operate machinery, leave the house on their own, vote and even reproduce. These special types are often known in some parts of the sentimental world as 'preemptive-answerers'.

Sir Hienrich Böffenbaffer: To live it!
Casual Passerby: Excuse me?
Sir Hienrich Böffenbaffer: What is the meaning of life, lad? The one you love!
Casual Passerby: P- Puh.. P-p...
Secondary Passerby in Tenor: Ohhh!!

Doggie: Rrrrk! rrk!
Sir Hienrich Böffenbaffer: Pork you saucy git!

Where did they come from? What do they want? And why here, of all places? Scientists say, "Hey! What the hell are you doing in our lab?! Get out! You over there - call security now!" Others speculate it's a sign of the end-times. For us here at Banter Corp. - we see it as punishment; retribution for our naughty ways. There's no need to fear though, oh dear citizens - they can do you no harm aside from the occasional exasperated sigh. They'll answer their questions right from the start - then plead for you to answer. What is to be done? Nothing. Just sit back, and enjoy the show.

Last edited by Zaphikh at Oct 14, 2009,
Zaphikh that was the most beautiful post you ever made.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
The law is that you don't have the right to have alcohol. Too bad for your friend.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

I can honestly say that never in my life have I ever seen a fridge with a window.
And if uni is anything like it is in the States, then they can do pretty much whatever they want if you live on their campus.

My post is completely irrelevant after Zaphikh's.
Zaphikh's post was legendary, but I liked StreetKings alot too. Sums it up in one word lmao
PM me about logos and merch

Quote by RU Experienced?
Sorry man, I only know how to program in Db.

Quote by genghisgandhi
I'm so underground that I make up bands and songs in my head and don't tell anyone about them.