Ok, I was thinking of buying a Schecter Hellraiser C-7 Seven string guitar. But I have never played one before. Is it easy? Is it awkward to play? Should I get a Baritone instead? I'm lost.
Its actually extremely awkward, i've played my friends and i've had alot of experiance playing the 5 string bass yet it was still too hard for me to get a comfortable feel.
I wouldn't recomend a baritone.. 7 strings a better option, its nice to still be able to play in a standard tuning.
I would honestly stick with a standard six string and tune down to a B. You can look online, theres guides on how to make a 6 string play comfortably in B and A tunings.
Thats all i got for you though, im not a fan of either but at least you got options!
it'll be awkward for a few minutes or so, but you'll get used to it so quickly. Baritone's are normally just for really low tunings without throwing off tension. 7 strings are longer scaled as well so the tension on the 7th string is maintained, but it'll allow you to play lower without sacrificing any of the high end note range while you solo. I'm actually looking into getting a 7 or 8 string soon myself.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
7 strings arent uncomfortable in my opinion but unless u play a lot of 7 string required stuff or are going to make music with a low end then they are a perfect choice
Quote by GuitarLGND
7 strings arent uncomfortable in my opinion but unless u play a lot of 7 string required stuff or are going to make music with a low end and high end then they are a perfect choice

fixed, because you get the best of both worlds with 7 strings.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
fixed, because you get the best of both worlds with 7 strings.

True that friend
I dont find them uncomfortable in the slightest, takes very little time to get used to.

I play both a 7 string that is a baritone as well (e.g 27" scale length) so I get the extra tension as well, very lovely

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by GuitarLGND
True that friend

Quote by pedromiles101
I have that same guitar. It took about a day to get used to. I really like mine. I traded my Gibson Faded V for it. Best decision I've ever made.
I was once really set on a 7 string, but I didn't get one.

Finally played one in store, and I found it to be so confusing it was literally like an ocean of strings

So play one first, and if you think you could get used to it, go for it. If you have doubts, don't do it.
Quote by Tedward
I was once really set on a 7 string, but I didn't get one.

Finally played one in store, and I found it to be so confusing it was literally like an ocean of strings

So play one first, and if you think you could get used to it, go for it. If you have doubts, don't do it.

when i first grabbed a 7 at gc i felt at home with it, and started spitting out decent riffs, i think its more about opiniions and tastes
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR