ok ive never done this before and im not even sure if you can do this so hopefully you fellows on here can help me out.

i want to know how to change the 5 way switch on a 3 pickup tele it is originally wired like a standard strat.

i want to change the middle position to use bridge and neck pickup together without the middle pickup, instead of middle pickup solo.

ive allways thought of a middle pickup as a good helping pickup but never been fond of them by themselves and would much rather have bridge and neck together like a standard tele. so esentially what i would have is the sound and options of a standard tele with the midle pickup on standby incase i choose to use it.

as much diagraming and picktures would be apretiated, also does this require soldering?
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
I wouldn't know how to do it, but yes, it'll require soldering.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Spend enough time with these http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/ and you should come to some solution. Yes it will involve soldering. A solution that I can think of from the top of my head (so it's most likely flawed) is setting up the tone knob as a push-pull switch, with all three pickup running through it, and make it so down = neck + bridge and up = middle. As I said, it's a half-considered solution so someone else should be able to contribute a better one.
Fender MIM Telecaster (w/SD Little '59)
Boss DS-1
Electro-Harmonix Little Big Muff
Digitech EX-7
Marshall Echohead
Fender Pro Junior
thanks guys those are solutions i have not thought of running all 3 and then muting various pickups.... come to think of it how come guitar manufacturers just can't make the guitar come like that IN THE FIRST PLACE.

so how would i go about doing this? that would require switching the 5 way switch to allow all 3 pickups in the 5 position then i would have to add a second switch i would much rather have a regular switch then a push pull pot. again i have never done anything like this ive only switched pickups and adjusted action before nothing this technical

sorry i thought i put this in the mod/customizing farum i must have just clicked on the wrong button my bad. if i can get a mod to move this that would be apretiated
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Last edited by Emergancy Exit at Oct 14, 2009,