I've been reading up on tube amps (after realizing pedals aren't the solution :P ) and I've settled on a Blues Jr. Now there are two different versions. A Nos version and standard.

Hot Rod Blues Jr Nos:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Hot-Rod-Series-Blues-Junior-NOS-15W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-102321528-i1173592.gc

Hot Rod Blues Jr Standard:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Hot-Rod-Series-Blues-Junior-15W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-100228021-i1397907.gc

Is the Nos version worth it? It has a 12" Jensen speaker vs a 12" fender custom. I read a couple threads here and it seemed like some ppl were saying it's just marketing and it doesn't really make a difference while others said definitely get it. I'm confused and looking for any clarity. Thanks in advance :P
NOS means "New Old Stock". Meaning old tubes (that some people say sound better) that haven't been used. I have no idea if the NOS version actually has NOS tubes, but I would doubt it and could see it being a marketing ploy. The regular BJ sounds just as good to me and it's cheaper.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Ok, the Nos version has a different speaker. That's it. I checked out a bunch of comparison vids (and comments w/in) and they say that the speaker makes a great difference.

Btw: I think I'm flooding these boards with nub. I'll slow it down and try to help out more.
The Jensen is a better speaker. I'm not sure offhand what the other differences are.

I do know the regular Blues Jr. has a loud front-end, and tends to get a little grainy with high-gain pedals, often to the point of very noticable hiss. At least, that was the case with the two I've played.
The Jensen's a better speaker, but still not good enough for an $80 premium.

Get the standard, then swap the speaker yourself with something even better, even more so with used speakers.

A quick check of some ads reveals:

Eminence Wizard = $60

Celestion V30 = $85

vintage '60's reconed Oxford Alnico = $65

Celestion G12H = $95 new in box

Eminence Copperhead = $45 (that would be a particularly nice speaker for a Jr!)

That's the way to go. My two cents.
^+1

i would go with one of those cheap alnico weber speakers they have. if not go for either a jenson copy or a celestion copy(silver bell or blue bell). the speaker choice depends on preference, but if you are going for a blues jr. then i am asuming you are going for blues or classic rock.

the chinese jenson that comes with it is nothing like a classic american jensons. the celestions are overpriced(but good) and eminence just has never 'wowed' me(though i do have a couple amps with them in there and they aren't bad at all). the webers are made in america by people who actually give a f*** and they are very affordable for price yer getting.

PS: the NOS tag on the fender is total selling point with no backup. that little thing has a few groove tubes and a printed circuit board. nothing NOS about it.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
I had a NOS and I compared it with my friends 1990 something BJr. mine was warmer. smoother and more responsive. his had more gain.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era