Are the newer kramer strikers
http://www.music123.com/Kramer-Striker-Custom-FR-424CM-Electric-Guitar-515347-i1323906.Music123

any good? they seem to be a good price, only problem is that guitar center doesn't Cary them so i have no where to try it out. so i was just wondering your opinion's on it....i'm into 80's metal, both hair and thrash, a bit of southern rock, and some classic/hard rock
I fancy them. They play nice.
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
i never really got on with mine...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I own a older 600st and i love it to death, its rock solid with the floyd rose trem system and whatnot.
Aw that would be so sexy if it was white.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
It looks like a pretty stable and mean axe. Kramer is known for making good guitars, but I don't really put any faith into anything unless it has EMGs or Seymour Duncans, but I've heard Quads and Duals make a good combination. I like the 5 way pick-up switch. I don't really like the colors though. This guitar will have an edgy sound!
My guitar was a Kramer FR400-CM or something and for the price (~$500 AU) it played amazingly well, the only problem I had with it was the Licensed Floyd Rose which made tuning a nightmare, also a few string tension problems but apart from that it was the best "metal" oriented guitar I have played in that price range.

Hope that somehow helps you
Quote by destroy_techno
this girl like said it was all screemz so I like punched her in teh face, serves her right stupid bish, don't fukk with Pantera
When I got back into playing about 2 years ago I bought a Kramer Pacer FT-202S from Musicians Friend. That thing was a total piece of junk. I returned it and got a Jackson.
The Kramer Striker is a very good guitar for the money.The one your looking at is the older model,new models are coming soon.New model is the same but with different pup's in it and different logo other than that there the same.Some people didn't care for the quad rails becouse they are bassey but for metal they work great IMO.I play mine more than I play my Jackson dinky or rhodes if that says anything.It is one guitar I don't ever see getting rid of that's for sure.Real good quality guitar for the money get one you will be very happy you did.Good luck here's a pic of mine

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x8/speedo241/guitars031.jpg
Guitars
08 Schecter C-1 Lefty
06 Epiphone LP Standard Lefty
90 Dean ml custom Lefty
84 Kramer Beretta lefty

Marshall Vs 100h
Crate Blue Voodoo 120h
Marshall 1960a cab
Boss Me70
Quote by Fyrefox
but I've heard Quads and Duals make a good combination.

nah, they're not great, unless you like a really heavy, chuggy rhythm sound.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
hold off for a month or so, they're supposed to be coming out with a new line of Strikers (if you're into that) and other models for 2010. Better pickups I think. The new Strikers aren't bad, I have one and its a great guitar for the $$ but if you manage to score an original 80's Kramer you're better off. Stay away from 80's Strikers though, they're plywood. 80's Kramer Focus (ESP Japan made) and Pacers (USA) and Baretta's (USA) were the sh!t.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Is price an option? If you are buying this guitar because you are on a budget..From my experience...I would say to wait and save.

You are probably looking at $200 in upgrades. IF you love THIS guitar go for it.
But in the longrun you will have spent almost $600 anyways...so if pricing is your problem..just hold off and get something in the $600 range.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Last edited by Washburnd Fretz at Oct 15, 2009,
eh...i'm looking for anything under 500 really, i was just wondering, because i have heard kramer's..at least the old one's we're very popular in the band's i like, specifically hair metal. That guitar's not really on the top of my list or anything.
+1 to what DSOT said!

If I were you I would buy an 80's model Focus. The 1000 series. For what you'd pay for that newer model Striker, after upgrades, you could buy something like a Focus 1000 or 2000 and already be there. Well after a bridge pup upgrade maybe. And they come with OFR's.
Oh i saw that at the gibson showcase store. It was MASSIVELY out of tune but it was so comfy. I would reccomend that.
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10