That sucks. His Jackson's suited him so well. Much better than his Dean and ESP.
Last edited by acesofbelkan at Oct 14, 2009,
Dave was trying to get some investers together to buy Jackson because Fender was trying to buy Jackson and Dave didn't want Fender to get Jackson because he felt they would ruin a great guitar company. Many people say that Fender did ruin Jackson, so maybe Dave was right. Anyway Dave was close when Jackson was sold to Fender and it pissed Dave off. He felt they betrayed him, so he went to ESP. He wasn't happy with ESP, so he went to Dean. Like the other guys said I'd say money was also a big part of it.
I dont think Jackson was ruined by fender, it sounds and plays great for me
Panties 'round your knees
With your ass in debris
Doin' dat grind with a push and squeeze
Tied up, tied down, up against the wall
Be my rubbermade baby
An' we can do it all

My way - your way
Anything goes tonight
Well if he thinks Fender ruined Jackson then he should of just stuck with his pre-fender Jacksons and used them. And why would he go to a company as **** as dean? Does he really need an endorsement?
--Gear--

5 piece blonde sparkle Gretch drum kit

-Drummers need their own forum-
I bet 60% of this posts' views were from forum goers who read the first half of a topic title and were about to talk about Metallica.
Musicians I Want To See Live

Metallica
Avenged Sevenfold
RHCP
Machine Head
Five Finger Death Punch
Joe Satriani/Chickenfoot
Slipknot

To Be Continued . . .
Quote by Phil Collins
Well if he thinks Fender ruined Jackson then he should of just stuck with his pre-fender Jacksons and used them. And why would he go to a company as **** as dean? Does he really need an endorsement?

It says on wikipedia that Dave sold all of his old Jacksons
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Marshall VS100 Valvestate head with 4x12 angled cab

Squier Strat (Fiesta Red) 90's, Korean
i heard...years and years ago ...it was coz he got pissed off at them . the same happened with esp- they advertised him in a way he didnt agree.....
his jackson flying v , was on sale on ebay about a year ago...or maybe just under a year . i was bidding on it . hopefully to buy it at 1000bucks.(yeah rite!)
i saw it the other day on another website for 15ooobucks!!!!!!
its the black v with the megadeth logo. i want that badly. but i heard that it has some grave body damages to it!
Quote by Phil Collins

Do you have any idea how much good heroin costs? Not to mention rehab!
Quote by rajandmaria
i heard...years and years ago ...it was coz he got pissed off at them . the same happened with esp- they advertised him in a way he didnt agree.....

first of all, i agree with this guy it was time for a change and lets all face facts fender was gonna buy out jakson & fender sucks i can name two that are good the jaguar and the mustang.
second of all, f*** all you dean haters!!!!!!!!!!!!
and did you know Dave wanted Dimebag Darrell to be his guitarist but dime had to decling due to the face that dave already hired a drummer, Dime wasnt about to join any band with out his brother Vinnie Paul Whos been his drummer sience the begining.
Dave Also wanted his owne signature series of guitars.
Maybe its because Dave cant sit with something for more than a few years at a time example: Metallica, Marty Friedman, Chris Poland, Dave Ellefson, Nick Menza and so on and so forth
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what does Jackson specialize in? I get the impression that they are shredder guitars but I'm not sure.
Quote by Slashestranged
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what does Jackson specialize in? I get the impression that they are shredder guitars but I'm not sure.

80s metal.
Quote by Destinyrider22
Maybe its because Dave cant sit with something for more than a few years at a time example: Metallica, Marty Friedman, Chris Poland, Dave Ellefson, Nick Menza and so on and so forth

you do know that friedman was in megadeth for almost 10 years and he quit dave didn't do nothing
Necrobumped by an '09er. You should be ashamed.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Holy **** I just thought this was a stupid thread but it's been bumped twice from ridiculous times, how far back did you go to find this?
SMILE!
I heard a rumor that this thread needs to die in peace.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
he didn't believe grover was born in america
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?