I'm looking to condense my rig to make it portable and easy to maintain. In other word, i want to have what i want using as little as possible.

I currently own:
-Blackstar HT-5 Head
-2 1x10 40w Blackstar Cabs
-Schecter C-1 Classic
-Danelectro '67 Hornet Reissue
-Original Crybaby Wah
-Planet Wave Pedal Tuner
-Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
-Electro-Harmonix Screaming Bird Treble Booster

I am looking to sell one of the cabs and the danelectro, but i'm willing to sell everything (except the schecter) to create the rig i desire.

I currently play mostly hard rock, classic rock, acoustic (nice cleans), alternative rock, and some metal.

I'm assuming from my comon knowledge and taste that i would like a 4 pedal rig (distortion/od, wah, tuner, delay) although i could do with one more or less.

My current bands that i play are escape the fate, motley crue, avenged sevenfold, atreye, nirvana, nickelback (dirty stuff), etc...

I do have the ideas of getting some pedals that i've seen that are "2 in 1" such as distortions and boosts, but i am not talking about multi-fx. I don't know where to start with that though.

I am hoping that i can get an idea of where to start, i have no budget because this is something that i plan on doing over time, but keep it realistic please.
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Owner of an 1/4 watt custom combo.

Quote by Garou1911
^This man speaks the language of win.

Donate to my cause
Last edited by k7apex at Oct 14, 2009,
Personally?

I'd lose the Dano, both cabs, and the Blackstar.

Add an OD.

Get a Peavey Classic 50, or along those lines (30-50 watt combo, w/reverb for one less pedal)

Work on upgrading wah, booster, and tuner in the future.

How often do you use the Treble booster? Maybe another low-gain pedal would suit better...
Okay, lets start with the basics. Do you like the tones your amp is giving you? How about the effects? Do you want any other effects?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
i enojoy my amps tone, but i don't reel thats its full/thick enough on the distortion channel.

I don't use my effects a whole lot, the tuner for tuning obviously and the wah for certain parts of songs, but other than that i just go between my 2 channels on my amp. I do want to maybe get a new amp with a good enough distortion built into it and just use that instead of any other pedals.

What pedals do i want? Well, prob a reverb or distortion if a new amp doesnt have it built in and for solos. I think my wah is good for the amount i use it. I guess i should prob also get an eq or something to better dial in my tone though.
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Quote by Garou1911

Donate to my cause
I wouldn't bother with EQ unless you can honestly listen to your sound and think, "dang, it would be perfect if I could just get a little more boost at about 400 and just tame it a tad at 3.2k..."

As far as channel switching goes, your only real option is to try a bunch of amps til you find one that you like.

Of course, it will most likely end up being the $2000 Mesa (or somesuch), so I've always thought that pedals are a cheaper, and sometimes even better way to taste all the OD flavors.
what about maybe a randall mts? will one of those with maybe my wah, tuner, and schecter do it?
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Quote by Garou1911

Donate to my cause
Are those the ones with the module thingies?

I tried a 100 watt (I think) head for a couple of hours, trying out the different module settings and such, and I wasn't too impressed.

It took a while for me to dial in the tones I had in my head for what those different modules were supposed to be cloning, and it was never quite there, and impossible to get even close on others.

Very versatile and all, but my impression was "jack of all trades, master of none."

I will say that if you can just swap those in and out as you please, it will be a huge asset in discovering what you're REALLY looking for, and help tune your ear to some nuances of tone that you might not know of.