I have been playing for 3/4 of a year and enjoying it. But I am thinking about getting a new amp. I have a very small marshall amp now but it does not sound very good. What would be a good amp for a person with less than a year of playing and wont break the bank
vox vt, peavey vyper
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
1. Wrong thread
2. Genre
3. Actual budget
4. Guitar
5. Style of music

Not to be a jerk, but you didn't give enough details.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Quote by Rogue Hermit
1. Wrong thread
Honestly, who really cares about that anymore?

But he's right, you didn't give enough details
Go to a shop, look at all the amps in your price range. Take YOUR guitar (playing with a different guitar is a waste of time, because it'll sound different with a different axe).

Plug in. Play. Listen. Buy the one you like most. SIMPLES!
Quote by Ikonoklast
Go to a shop, look at all the amps in your price range. Take YOUR guitar (playing with a different guitar is a waste of time, because it'll sound different with a different axe).

Plug in. Play. Listen. Buy the one you like most. SIMPLES!
+1
Quote by Rogue Hermit
1. Wrong thread
2. Genre
3. Actual budget
4. Guitar
5. Style of music

Not to be a jerk, but you didn't give enough details.

+1

Read the stickies people.
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

i realy have no idea what you need. Ill assume your australian because i have no idea and that makes it easier for me. (learn to give more info, helps when we know what question were answering. You should also fill out your profile at least)

variety - roland cube
metal/rock - Peavey vypry
portable - roland microcube
blues/jazz - fender blues junior
If I was in your position, going on the kind of stuff I like (since you didn't say yourself) I would go for a Fender Blues Jr. Vyprs seem popular but i'm personally not a fan (a bit too much going on for my liking).

In terms of small amps - Vox AC4, Fender Champion 600 (although the 6" speaker is a little small)

Also worth looking at the Blackstar HT5. I had a play on one of these a few weeks ago and it's pretty good. Also very popular, they fly off the shelves.
Wow, some of you are real a@#$%.
Well for the people that helped me out in stead of giving me a hard time thanks.
Like I said I have been playing for less than a year, sorry if I didnt know it was important to state my music ect. I was not born knowing everything like some of you.
I like to play metalica style music, some clean sounding and some with distortion. Any help would be great. I like the idea of taking the guitar down and doing some testing
Take your guitar with you and try some out,or use one thats close to yours if you don't feel like taking it with you.I have a 75 watt Vypyr and love the thing it will do any style of music with a little tweaking.It's a cool amp but does have it's problems with shutting down for no reason on ocasion but turn it off and back on and it's ready to rock.It's a great amp just be prepaired if you get one to have a hickup once in a while.
Since your somewhat new it will give you a good idea of the sound you like and down the road you can upgrade to what you like.The vox ac30 is a great amp aswell,Ashdown fallen angel is also very good.Best bet is to try a bunch out and go from there.Good luck and jam on.
Quote by 65cobradude
Well for the people that helped me out in stead of giving me a hard time thanks.
Like I said I have been playing for less than a year, sorry if I didnt know it was important to state my music ect. I was not born knowing everything like some of you.
I like to play metalica style music, some clean sounding and some with distortion. Any help would be great. I like the idea of taking the guitar down and doing some testing

I know that wasn't aimed at me, but people can only help you out with info.

It's like saying 'tell me what flavour of ice cream to get' - only you know what flavours you're going to like, and it's the same with amps. All have different tones and qualities to them.
Quote by 65cobradude

alright ill pose you a question: I want a new car and I've only been driving for 9 months. I currently have a toyota camry that isn't very good. Whats a good car for somebody with less than a years driving and that doesn't break the bank?

that narrows it down to every used car over like 5 years old... wanna list them all?

dude... if you don't know what musical style you play, what tone you want (even as broad as say "crushing distortion" or "twangy blues'')and the difference between a tube and solid state amp, then you have problems.

PS incase you dont know the differen e between solid and tube - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_amplifier

(PSS id recommend reading it through..)
Last edited by shredder408 at Oct 15, 2009,