hey everyone, im a fan of heavy metal of any sort(black, death, just plain metal, whatever). i wanna learn a new song but dont know how to pick too well. i have been playing for about two years now and i wanna learn some songs that arent totally insane, yet arent smoke on the water, ya know? any suggestions?
If your looking to improve with metal picking styles these should help
The Four Horsemen By Metallica (Then once your comfortable with it play Mechanix by Megadeth, which is the same thing but faster.)
Battery By Metallica
Raining Blood By Slayer
Master Of Puppets(For downpicking)
Holy Wars By Megadeth
Cowboys From Hell By Pantera

I hate to sound like a Metallica fanboy(which i am not by any means) but they're songs are great for working on your metal chops, and they're all pretty cool songs.
If you learn how its actually played, "Unholy Confessions" by Avenged Sevenfold is good for alternate picking. The intro riff helped me to actually be able to alternate pick, which is essential to learn, especially for metal. And as for as metal goes, the song as a whole is pretty damn easy.

Hand of Blood by Bullet for my Valentine is another relatively easy one that will help your picking.

I could name more, but they're a bit advanced compared to these 2 especially.

Also FYI, both of these bands drop tune, so you'll need to do that.
Honestly Metallica songs are pretty much what taught me to play metal. Wether you love them or hate them, their early works are some of the best rif***e in metal.
If thats to easy, try to play some stuff from Ascendancy by Trivium, the triplets and overall speed of the guitar work on that album kicked my ass into gear a few years ago.
Day after day, love turns gray. Like the skin on a dying man.

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

PSN: Allshalperish
Steam ID: Fiesal

Check out my band!
i actually know hand of blood, raining blood, and cowboys from hell. i was thinking a little heavier stuff though...a little more shred. i wanna learn something a little more challenging with fingerwork. most of these songs have really simple fretting movements.
You want a challened?
Tranquil - Darkest Hour
Enjoy
Day after day, love turns gray. Like the skin on a dying man.

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

PSN: Allshalperish
Steam ID: Fiesal

Check out my band!
haha nice. thats closer to what i was lookin for, just a tiny bit less...stuff. haha
A challenge you say?

Bloodmeat, Blindfolds Aside, and Heretics and Killers (or any song) by Protest the Hero.
It'll kick your ass, in a good way.

Bow Down, Rosecrance, Elimination, and Exist by Born of Osiris.

Anything by Between the Buried and Me.
born of osiris...duh! haha thanks guys. think i got what i was lookin for.