Hey i cant seem to find a way to decide between the bogner shiva 60 watt 6l6 112 or 212 combo or the duende 30 watt 212 combo.....

I LOVE the 30watt duende. Never played a shiva but they are about the same price and just louder, which seems appealing since i need good headroom. Just not sure how different the tone is.

wondering if someone had any insightful input....

trying to get a really fendery organic and transparent clean channel. Also a fluid, focused, sensitive, and articulate lead channel.

playing a suhr archtop guitar as well as another hollow guitar and a schecter c1 classic for the straight ahead rock. im playing straight ahead bebop and guthrie govan type jazzy shredding fusion.

have checked out a bunch of other amps including fuchs, mesa lonestar, fender, headstrong, budda etc everything besides the bogners seem to be limiting in features and really expensive

thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-trauma
I believe I pm'ed you about the Duende. Both are good choices, you really can't go wrong with either. The Shiva does more of a JCM 800 thing while the Duende does more of a JMP type tone on the dirty channel, while both have a Fender vibe going with the cleans.
Duende if you're going for a lower gain tone, Shiva if you want a hot rodded 800 tone. Both have great cleans though.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Duende if you're going for a lower gain tone, Shiva if you want a hot rodded 800 tone. Both have great cleans though.

I remember trying to get death metal tones out of my Duende. Good times indeed.
Quote by BeethovensBust
I remember trying to get death metal tones out of my Duende. Good times indeed.

High five!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I'd go with the Shiva as I like the hotter tones. That and the name is much cooler.
oh ok so am i going into marshall territory here cuz i never liked marshalls at all.

lol that did not come to my head when i was playing the duende.

yes i like the shivas name more. am i looking for jcm 800 tone, no.

what does JMP tone imply? i know or i think youre referring to that preamp but idk if thats good or w/e

thanks
Quote by MatrixClaw

High five!

Surprisingly, it managed with a MXR 10 band EQ and a TS808 in the front. My Avenger kicks the crap out of it for metal now, but the Bogner was amazing with classic rock and RR-style metal.
Quote by trauma15
oh ok so am i going into marshall territory here cuz i never liked marshalls at all.

lol that did not come to my head when i was playing the duende.

yes i like the shivas name more. am i looking for jcm 800 tone, no.

what does JMP tone imply? i know or i think youre referring to that preamp but idk if thats good or w/e

thanks

The JMP is more classic rock sounds, ACDC, Hendrix, even Sabbath type of gain.

The 800 is more 80's rock and later, like Motley Crue, Zakk Wylde or even post hardcore like Fugazi.