My old gear is a dean vx and a raven rg20 amp. ( i know it sucks, it was my beginning set.. my parents were sure id lose the thrill after two weeks) but i now own an esp ec-256. and something like that surely deserves a better amp. so i need suggestions. i would like a range of tones and effects to choose from very much. basically stuff ranging from being able to play radiohead; pink floyd to lamb of god; metallica. as long as it pairs well with my esp ec-256

thank you for your help
i recommend the line 6 spider 3 amp. it has 4 settings: clean crunch metal and insane. echo and some other features.
I'd go with the Roland Cube. Pretty cheap, you can get a ton of tones out of it, and it'll last you a good long time.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
What is your budget?

Will you need to use it live? Bedroom amp?

Where do you live?
If you desperately need it you've got to describe what you're using it for, is this just a bedroom amp? How loud can it be? Do you really need to play pink floyd and lamb of god on it with the exact tones?
Quote by Chetbango
What is your budget?

Will you need to use it live? Bedroom amp?

Where do you live?

budget- 300 and below. both.

and i cant tell you that
Quote by Plexi81
If you desperately need it you've got to describe what you're using it for, is this just a bedroom amp? How loud can it be? Do you really need to play pink floyd and lamb of god on it with the exact tones?

no i dont need the exact tones. live and bedroom. doesnt matter how loud. budget- 0-300
vypyr 30
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by Levi79
OMG! Just becuase BC Rich Guitars and Line 6 amps look cool for cheap doesnt mean they are good
they suck. seriously

CHEAP line 6 and bc rich suck
get it right
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by Holy-Diver
vypyr 30

This, maybe look at the Vox Valvetronix series as well. Try to get to a store where you can play them, you'll figure out which you like more.

Also if you can play some amps above your price range, maybe some tube amps to see 1) if you can tell the difference and 2) if you can, which sounds you like. This will help you decide if you want to upgrade now or if you think it'll be worth it to save and get a nicer amp later.
If I had $300 and needed to cover all of that stuff I'd either get a

Fender SuperChamp XD $299
Peavey Vypyr 75 $269

but if you can stretch to $370 you might be able to find a B52-AT60 new. It would be worth it. It will hold up better in a band situation for what you play.

but if you can look at your craigslist you might be able to find a used amp, like a Line 6 Flextone, within your price range.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
If I had $300 and needed to cover all of that stuff I'd either get a

Fender SuperChamp XD $299
Peavey Vypyr 75 $269

but if you can stretch to $370 you might be able to find a B52-AT60 new. It would be worth it. It will hold up better in a band situation for what you play.

but if you can look at your craigslist you might be able to find a used amp, like a Line 6 Flextone, within your price range.

For new I would recommend the Super Champ XD too, I haven't played a viper so I can't speak to it. If you let us know the major metropolitan area you live in, we can check craigslist for you. If you can swing it, used is the way to go, figure you spend about 60% of new prices for used stuff.