Anyone else hear write scripts for plays or movies. I love doing it and do it sometimes just to get my mind off of things. If so what do you use, have you ever made any really good scripts. Have you made any movies off of your scripts.

Also I want an opinion on this.

Not in format of course

[Blackness on the screen]

Man: Vem är du?
(On screen "Man: Who are You?")

Death: Jag är döden.
(On screen "Death: I am Death.")

[Cuts to a misty shot behind a bench with two men sitting on a bench in autumn woods]

Man:
Drömmer jag?
(Subitles "Am I dreaming?")

Death: Nej
(Subtitles "No.")

[Death picks up a green leaf off the ground. This time he is a woman. It turns red, dry, and dead in his hand. It falls to the ground turned balck and white. The man pulls a coin out of his pocket and hands it to Death, who is now a different man.]

[The man looks depressingly at the ground. Death stands up and offers him his hand. The man takes it and Death helps him up.]

Man: Är jag lycklig?
(Subtitles "Am I Happy?")

Death: Nej

Man: Var jag lycklig?
(Subtitles "Was I happy?")

Death: Nej.

[Blackness and whatever comes next.]

Opinions? Flaming? Praise and affection?
A Celebration For The Death Of Man...

Quote by Madison Perella

Thats not even sensible I base myself like this I like power I don't understand emotion. Knowledge is key and fire pokemon own.

Sounds good. I tried to learn how to write these properly a while ago. I couldn't get the format though.
e-married to Jack (bladez)
Quote by ESPLTDV401DX
Sounds good. I tried to learn how to write these properly a while ago. I couldn't get the format though.

They have programs for that. Look up Celtx it's free and works pretty well.
A Celebration For The Death Of Man...

Quote by Madison Perella

Thats not even sensible I base myself like this I like power I don't understand emotion. Knowledge is key and fire pokemon own.

Quote by gridlockSG400
They have programs for that. Look up Celtx it's free and works pretty well.

Okay thanks
e-married to Jack (bladez)
I'm guessing you didn't bother making that into the proper format? Celtx can export scripts into .txt documents you can just c/p.

I write mostly sketches (SNL style) but I want try writing a movie or something. I just need an idea.

On a related note, I'm taking a 3-day sketchwriting class at Second City this Thanksgiving break!
Quote by blackthought
I just rip off Chuck Palahniuk's style. Needless to say, I have no plans for a professional writing career.

If you're as good as him you should make some.
I wrote one the other day. I just write little brief scenes that I may end up making into a short collection.

This one is just 4.5 pages long in MS Word. I exported it as a .txt file if anyone wants to read it. It's just called Driver and Passenger right now.
Attachments:
Driver and Passanger.txt
I'm a television production major and I'm currently taking an introduction to screenwriting class. I use Final Draft 7 for all my scripts and I currently started working on a 30 page project.
Last.fm
Quote by Weybl Himself
It's the Pit, every day is Dumbass Question Day