Depends how you're trying to play it. 320003 (probably the most common voicing imo) isn't difficult at all. Just keep practicing.
its pretty easy.. put your middle finger on the 5th string, ring finger on 6th string and pinky finger on 1st or 2nd string.. cant remember without actually having a guitar in my hand haha.
-drive it like you stole it

-burn rubber not your soul
If you're only just leanring of course it's gonna be tricky.

This is cliché, but; practice makes perfect
It is quite a stretch if you are just starting out on the guitar. Just keep practising and it will become easy pretty soon
I found G (320003) C and D some of the easiest chords to play. I used to make simple songs from them when I was a teenager. One time I was just messing around in music class back in HS (a LONG time ago), and this very talented student sees what key I am playing, jumps on the drums, and we started jamming away. Next thing you know you students looking in the window to see who is playing. We were just messing around too.
Quote by fingerguy
I found G (320003) C and D some of the easiest chords to play. I used to make simple songs from them when I was a teenager. One time I was just messing around in music class back in HS (a LONG time ago), and this very talented student sees what key I am playing, jumps on the drums, and we started jamming away. Next thing you know you students looking in the window to see who is playing. We were just messing around too.

Helpfull stuff.

You'll get it, mate. Soon you'll be wondering how you ever found it hard.

Your hands just get used to it after a while.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
It's funny because this exact question was in the "Guitar Techniques" magazine, which is incidentally the only issue I own

The answer is quite long though, but here's the most important part:
"Are you holding the guitar neck tipped back towards you so that you can watch your fingers? If so, your wrist will almost certainly be cramped, making it difficult for the fingers to move freely. Try to hold the neck so that your wrist is as straight as possible and, if you need to check the location of your fingers, peer over rather than tip the fretboard back. Secondly, check that your thumb position is correct; in general, your fretting hand thumb should be just about vertical and definitely not leaning too far left or right."
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
Last edited by AntiG3 at Oct 15, 2009,
Quote by fingerguy

Cool story bro.

When did Key affect a drummer?

And i doubt this is one of those occassions.
Quote by zezikaro
Cool story bro.

I was gunna say somthing, but i was scared of being wrong. Lol.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Practice makes perfect, you should get used to it and get better but you got to practice first.
It is at first, I remember how I struggled.. but just make the chord, strum, pick out, strum. change to a chord u can play quite easily (Em is good in this case), strum & change back to G as fast as you can. Once you get fast at that (30 changes from G to D back to G in one minute), ur hand should be used to it. Then try from a D to a G and C to a G. You should master it by then.
Quote by zezikaro
Cool story bro.

They need to tune their snare to match the guitarist.
In this worthless guitar book I own it said you could do a G chord xxx003. 6th to 1st. Theory wise this makes no sense but meh whatever works for ya I guess

EDIT- I take it back, It makes a little bit of sense since noone cares about the perfect 5th but its still stupid
Last edited by Thepredster at Oct 15, 2009,
Quote by Thepredster
In this worthless guitar book I own it said you could do a G chord xxx003. 6th to 1st. Theory wise this makes no sense but meh whatever works for ya I guess

That's an easy G.
Its like the easy C is xx0010.

Its just the root note really.
Quote by fingerguy

cool!!!!!! so he saw you were playing in E major or something and he instantly knew that he could bust out with a sweet E phrygian solo on his toms?! that's pretty awesome.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by Fieryhead
That's an easy G.
Its like the easy C is xx0010.

Its just the root note really.

Im actually more curious on how your D G C E comes out as a C Chord
Quote by Thepredster
Im actually more curious on how your D G C E comes out as a C Chord

I believe that's a Csus2. I could be wrong though.

TS, alot of chords take some getting used to. In a few weeks, months you'll have it down. I think we all have that particular chord we struggled with in the beginning (D for me. G was my favorite ). Have fun!
Great advice all round. The fingering everyone has given is a huge benefit over the books I learnt from that suggested using 1st 3 fingers, as its far easier to change to C F etc if you leave the 1st finger off the G chord.
The reduced versions are the ones used by a certain Mr Townshend in his early years and only suit that style on electric. (there are exceptions, of course) Another variant I have seen used quite a bit is xx0033 which as just a power chord.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by BlockFour
I believe that's a Csus2. I could be wrong though.

TS, alot of chords take some getting used to. In a few weeks, months you'll have it down. I think we all have that particular chord we struggled with in the beginning (D for me. G was my favorite ). Have fun!

Your not.

DREADED F CHORD!1!1!1