Page 1 of 2
I just finished up my midterms and handed in my first round of papers for the semester, so I headed to Charlottesville Music Center to celebrate. Well, I had some extra cash from selling off the Esquire, Suhr, Dr. Z, 112 cab, Carbon Copy, and OD9.....

Naturally, I walked out with something

BUT! I'm not going to give it away just yet. 10 guesses and I deliver the goods. (its a guitar btw. I know this is the wrong forum, but I know the posters here better and thought they would appreciate it more)
Is it an Anderson? I'm alot more limited on guitars than amps.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Is it an Anderson? I'm alot more limited on guitars than amps.

Nope, it isn't boutique. I had a Suhr Model T and rarely played it. I was terrified of scuffing it.
Is it a PRS?
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
esp? ibanez? gibson? gretsch? epiphone? fender? alvarez? schecter? yamaha?

EDIT: my nine plus their 2, that's 11, now show

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Rickenbacker 330. OH plz let it be..
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
I hate your threads. it makes me have such bad GAS.

PRS?
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
is it a Gibby?
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Yo Colin. I know you just sold some gear and imma let you finish this thread, But this purchase will be the best purchase you'll make this year.

And I don't even know what it is

Is some kind of ancient LP?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by Bostonrocks
is it a Gibby?

I just checked his blog of his gear and he's got "Gibson ??? " under guitars. Tell us!
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I'm gonna guess a 60's SG or LP
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Damn. Filled up faster than I could upload the pics to photobucket. Give me a sec.
I'm guessing a Jazzmaster or Jaguar...

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
no it's an LP I vaguely remember him talking about wanting an old LP
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
...........speechless....

*drools* (literally)

freaking a man that's beautiful holy crap. thats just ... wow. just dang man....congratz... Do you want an adopted brother or anything?

HNGD
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Oct 15, 2009,
Quote by colin617
Damn. Filled up faster than I could upload the pics to photobucket. Give me a sec.

when we see colin617 and NxD we pounce all over it like a pack of bloodhounds. You have trained us that way like Pavlov's dog.

I win

Quote by colin617
Here we go:

Gibson Custom Shop Billy Gibbons Pearly Gates

Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Oct 15, 2009,
For all of you that guessed a Gibby or an LP, you get an e-cookie.

Let me tell you, this sucker sounds sweet through the Bogner's Plexi Mode. I think I've played the Tush riff over a dozen times tonight.
Quote by colin617
Here we go:

Gibson Custom Shop Billy Gibbons Pearly Gates

Extra cash. Haha. Those cost an arm and leg at my GC.
Quote by mmolteratx
How much did it set you back?

How in the hell does a college kid buy 2 Bogners and crazy guitars?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
oh man, I can't stop staring at it. that is one of my dream guitars.

like I said. if you want an adopted brother I'm here for you.........
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by AJS19
Extra cash. Haha. Those cost an arm and leg at my GC.

Roughly the same amount as I paid for this semester's tuition. I still owe about $2k dollars on it, but I will make that up in no time.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD

I look for deals and then flip it for a profit to start. Plus I get regular gigs that pay well, so that helps. Also, I don't keep things sitting around that I have no use for (for example, I bought the Bogner and flipped my entire practice rig). I don't buy anything new, either (except this).
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD

I'm guessing part of it is he was a guitarist on the Taylor Swift summer tour so....he's earned it.

Real nice Colin. I don't get along with LPs from a playability perspective but that quilt top sunburst is just gorgeous.

PS: I was going to guess Strat at first but then it struck me that you are not really a Strat guy.
Quote by colin617
Roughly the same amount as I paid for this semester's tuition. I still owe about $2k dollars on it, but I will make that up in no time.

Yeah $8k is what's on it. I'm always tempted to ask to play it. A '59 Paul like this is my favorite LP.
You were afraid of scuffing up a Suhr and you got THAT??

Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I'm guessing part of it is he was a guitarist on the Taylor Swift summer tour so....he's earned it.

Real nice Colin. I don't get along with LPs from a playability perspective but that quilt top sunburst is just gorgeous.

PS: I was going to guess Strat at first but then it struck me that you are not really a Strat guy.

I never really liked LPs either until I played Keith Urbans 54 Reissue and then I changed my mind. I guess vintage-style Les Pauls are more my thing? (Damn, that would be an expensive hobby). Either way, this has a nice, baseball bat neck like I like and the pickups are perfect out of the case.

Heck, even if I don't like it, I can always sell it to some collector for a profit. There are only 250 of these things in existence.
you...got...rid...of...the...Z!?

I thought what we had was SPECIAL!!!!

lol just kidding

HNBAFGD!

EDIT: lol
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
Last edited by Bright Light at Oct 15, 2009,
Quote by MatrixClaw
You were afraid of scuffing up a Suhr and you got THAT??

Yes. This probably won't be on the road with me (I only ever really use my 335 with the tele as a backup), so I'm not worried about that. I just feel like Gibbys can stand up to regular playing better than Fenders and things based on them.
Quote by Bright Light
you...got...rid...of...the...Z!?

I thought what we had was SPECIAL!!!!

lol just kidding

HNBAFGD!

EDIT: lol

Sorry

I really tried to like those small 5 watt amps, but they always sound....small to me. When I got the Mini Z, I was like "okay, this will work". Then I ran the Ecstasy wide open beside it and remembered why I don't by small amps (even for practice).
Quote by colin617
Sorry

I really tried to like those small 5 watt amps, but they always sound....small to me. When I got the Mini Z, I was like "okay, this will work". Then I ran the Ecstasy wide open beside it and remembered why I don't by small amps (even for practice).

understandable. I'm one of those people that really only buys gear that Im deffinitely gonna use live. Money is in short supply so I have to be efficient. I buy what I need so I dont spend a lot of money on guitar related toys that arent gonna fit the band.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
Quote by colin617
Yes. This probably won't be on the road with me (I only ever really use my 335 with the tele as a backup), so I'm not worried about that. I just feel like Gibbys can stand up to regular playing better than Fenders and things based on them.

you really think that gibbys are more of a workhorse then fenders

strats and teles could survive a bomb
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Page 1 of 2