hi i would like to know anyone's opinion about the line 6 spider 111 150 watt combo is it loud, is it good for thrash metal i'm really only after a good clean amp because i've got the rp500 digitech pedal so i've got effects but i really need something loud to gig with..that is reliable.
Boat anker
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
budget, location, and any other types of music you play other then thrash?
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
i was thinking of the bugera 6260 is it loud though? and is the combo just as good as the stack but keep in mind i haven't got alot of space
The 6260, being 120 watts (i think), is more than you will ever need.

Getting a head and a seperate cab gives you the option of getting a nice cab/speakers. Plus it looks cool

Quote by _KurtCobain_77
budget, location, and any other types of music you play other then thrash?

^ Answer that first though.
Fender Highway 1 Strat
Agile Septor Pro 725

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Axe-Fx Ultra

Trust me, I'm a medical student
$900, mid north coast and pretty much no i really only play megadeth/metallica style but do venture into stuff like iron maiden
dude i also came here asking advice on the line 6 and now i'm not even thinking about it! for your kinda playing i hear the Vypyr is pretty brutal
Quote by bojack04
so line 6 is pretty shyte ? why?

Most seem to think it sounds like shyte ... really digital and fake.
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

look i really need to know a good metal amp thats not too pricey i'm desperate for loud chrunchy amp that delivers a thrash feel i would appreciate any advise on types of amps
i would look at bugera 6260 on the budget for the style you play.

but it really depends on how much your willing to spend
Quote by bojack04
so line 6 is pretty shyte ? why?

No, for the last time Line 6 makes some great stuff:
Vetta
Flextone
Spider VALVE
Pods
DL4s

The SS Spiders are junk, but most agree Line 6 is a very reputable company other than those.

Tell me how Marshall made MGs and people associated Marshall quality and tone with MGs, then Line 6 makes Spiders and everyone associates everything else they make with Spider tone and quality... Its just not fair.

TS - Go with the Bugera.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by bojack04
$900, mid north coast and pretty much no i really only play megadeth/metallica style but do venture into stuff like iron maiden

well then, I would look used for a JCM800 or buy a Bugera 6260 and a Vader 2x12.
Also, if you just play thrash, I assume you are using your Multi-Fx for your distortion? Once you buy one of these amps, you can sell it. Then with that cash, either buy a OD to boost your JCM800, or a full set of new tubes for the Bugera from Eurotubes.
Used JCM 800, which Mustaine uses I think. The combo will be cheaper, but the halfstack will have more bass.

thanx for your help but if i get the 6260 why will ineed to sell my digitech RP-500 for ?
Quote by bojack04
thanx for your help but if i get the 6260 why will ineed to sell my digitech RP-500 for ?

because it will take away from your tube tone. You can sell it and buy a boost and chorus/delay if you need to for your clean tone or whatever.

You can easily get Metallica/Megadeth tones out of a 6260 without a boost.
Quote by tubetime86
No, for the last time Line 6 makes some great stuff:
Tell me how Marshall made MGs and people associated Marshall quality and tone with MGs, then Line 6 makes Spiders and everyone associates everything else they make with Spider tone and quality... Its just not fair.

TS - Go with the Bugera.

Marshall have been around close to 50 years making good amps - L6 are new by comparison and theri FLAGSHIP line - the spider - sucks balls
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
Marshall have been around close to 50 years making good amps - L6 are new by comparison and theri FLAGSHIP line - the spider - sucks balls

I laugh at you. The Spiders are NOT the flagship amp, the Line 6 Vetta is. That sir is an amazing amp that has the tone to satisfy ANYBODY.

Modern Marshalls suck hard. I'd pity someone who actually spent over 2000 for a JVM. The only way Marshall survive now is thriving off of nostalgia from the great sounding amps they made in the past and the name they have created in the music industry. The good amps they make are the JCM's, JTM's, JMP's and the Plexi's but apart from the 30th anniversary head or the JCM900/2000 they really haven't produced anything of quality in the last 20 years. The company's massive ego made them raise their prices to such heights that anyone who can afford a new Marshall can afford much better amp from newer brands. That was long winded but i think you get the point.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
i currently own one of them vox valvetronix 30 watts are they recommended metal amps i mean if so i'll just upgrade to the 100 watts i get a good sound out of this one but i don't play many other amps so i can't really compare different amps.
Quote by TOMMYB22
I laugh at you. The Spiders are NOT the flagship amp, the Line 6 Vetta is. That sir is an amazing amp that has the tone to satisfy ANYBODY.

Modern Marshalls suck hard. I'd pity someone who actually spent over 2000 for a JVM. The only way Marshall survive now is thriving off of nostalgia from the great sounding amps they made in the past and the name they have created in the music industry. The good amps they make are the JCM's, JTM's, JMP's and the Plexi's but apart from the 30th anniversary head or the JCM900/2000 they really haven't produced anything of quality in the last 20 years. The company's massive ego made them raise their prices to such heights that anyone who can afford a new Marshall can afford much better amp from newer brands. That was long winded but i think you get the point.

Oh because you have tried every single amp that marshall has made =.=
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Quote by bojack04
i currently own one of them vox valvetronix 30 watts are they recommended metal amps i mean if so i'll just upgrade to the 100 watts i get a good sound out of this one but i don't play many other amps so i can't really compare different amps.

They are not recommended metal amps. You'll **** your pants when you get to open up a 6260/5150/Dual Rect/any other high gain tube amp.
sweet but i can only afford a combo are they still pretty good coz from what i know that the two extra speakers on a stack do jack all it may give you a little bit more but not enough to really notice the difference and the bass is petty much the bassist job isn't it he needs to stand out too also in thrash the treble is what dominates
Quote by TOMMYB22

Actually, if you look at some modern Marshall stuff its awesome!
also, the flagship range is not the vetta - what do L6 advertise the most? Spider
sell most? Spider
modify most? spider
release the most models of? spider
ie the Spider Jam is a really good idea - why don't they put that on the vetta?
Quote by bojack04
sweet but i can only afford a combo are they still pretty good coz from what i know that the two extra speakers on a stack do jack all it may give you a little bit more but not enough to really notice the difference and the bass is petty much the bassist job isn't it he needs to stand out too also in thrash the treble is what dominates

Yeah, You'll be fine with a combo. Once you have the amp, you can always swap tubes and speakers to tweak the tone even more if you wish to.

Though, there is another option. I don't know where you were planning on buying the 6260, but at ZZsounds.com it says the head is $499 and the combo is $599. Now, you said that you have a budget of $900; I would buy the head and with the extra $350 (have to remember tax) buy a 2x12 cab. Lopoline has a empty closed back 2x12 for $200 and AB Custom Audio has a 2x12 for $114. You could buy either one of those and load them with a pair of Warehouse Guitar Speaker Veteran 30's. It's the best bang for your buck IMO. I own a AB Custom Audio 2x12 with WGS Veteran 30 and ET65, and I can vouch for the quality on both cabinet and speakers.
one last opinion from _kurtcobain_77 i've found what seems to be a good deal on a bugera 333xl 212 are they just as good or are they better than the 6260 you seem to know more about this then anyone else who's replied to this thread if you can get back asap be highly appreciated
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
Actually, if you look at some modern Marshall stuff its awesome!
also, the flagship range is not the vetta - what do L6 advertise the most? Spider
sell most? Spider
modify most? spider
release the most models of? spider
ie the Spider Jam is a really good idea - why don't they put that on the vetta?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/flagship
3. (Business / Marketing) a single item from a related group considered as the most important, often in establishing a public image the nine o'clock news is the flagship of the BBC

By technical definition, the Vetta is the flagship amp.

The Spider is not the single most important amp... it's the cash cow Line 6 is flogging to death.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.