Thirty Republicans / So much for individual rights / Republicans for Rape

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd8gVRMio_E

In 2009, the Senate voted to not fund companies which force their employees to forfeit their rights to sue for sexual assault or harassment.

Thirty Senators voted against this amendment.
http://senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=111&session=1&vote=00308

In 2005, Jamie Leigh Jones was gang-raped by her co-workers while she was working for Halliburton/KBR in Baghdad. She was detained in a shipping container for at least 24 hours without food, water, or a bed, and "warned her that if she left Iraq for medical treatment, she’d be out of a job." (Jones was not an isolated case.) Jones was prevented from bringing charges in court against KBR because her employment contract stipulated that sexual assault allegations would only be heard in private arbitration.

Senator Al Franken introduced the amendment to the appropriations bill last week to prevent such complete disregard for the rights of rape victims. Nine senators (Mary Landrieu, Benjamin Cardin, Amy Klobuchar, John Kerry, Jeff Merkley, Bill NElson, Dianne Feinstein, Sherrod Brown and Jeanne Shaheen) joined Franken in cosponsoring the bill -- and it passed with 10 GOP senators supporting it after a passionate speech from Franken

"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
I heard about that on the Daily Show. It's ridiculous that the Republicans are so partisan now that they won't even vote "aye" on a bill that a Democrat proposed.

Oh, and you should have heard Jeff Sessions' excuse for it.
I didn't know they actually used YEA and NAY for voting in America, that's hilarious.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Thats disgusting.

What grounds would they use to be able to justify voting against it?
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
That is absolutely ridiculous, are the republicans aiming to be despised by everyone?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
That is absolutely ridiculous, are the republicans aiming to be despised by everyone?

I guess so

How can they even think this is a good idea? I mean seriously D=
I agree with everything that's been said.
It would be interesting to hear how they've justified their decisions, though I doubt they'd be convincing.
Not a huge fan of bees
Quote by Kensai

Fassa is one so....
Quote by splamron
Thats disgusting.

We could go with the old standard "We're men, and men biologically need to reproduce..."

Or the excuse grounds, "Well, he did drop the soap..."
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
Quote by Kensai

I think they already achieved that with Bush.

but anyway, this shouldn't be a thing to vote on- this should be illegal whether people like it or not- this is coming from someone who likes the idea of somebody being voted in a leader, and who thinks the EU laws should be passed by the european public.
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
Last edited by mcfreaki at Oct 15, 2009,
Quote by Holy Katana
I heard about that on the Daily Show. It's ridiculous that the Republicans are so partisan now that they won't even vote "aye" on a bill that a Democrat proposed.

Oh, and you should have heard Jeff Sessions' excuse for it.

What was his excuse/
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
All of the nay votes were republicans.... Why the fuck are they even relevant anymore? How can people still take that party seriously?

Although atleast the bill got passed, unlike the time a law that proposed outlawing lynching was voted down.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
I didn't even realise you could waive rights to sue for things like that. Maybe it's different over in America but, as far as I'm aware, over here you can't get rid of your duty of care by stipulating it in a contract of employment.

who thought allowing that was a good idea in the first place?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
republicans want rape.
this could be bad ass.
think if the government just destroyed itself and imploded like a hollow jello mountain.
i could start a gang of rough and tough guys to rape and pillage.

i make terrible posts;(
Attachments:
genghis-khan-murder-2.jpg
What was Jeff Session's excuse?
A Celebration For The Death Of Man...

Quote by Madison Perella

Thats not even sensible I base myself like this I like power I don't understand emotion. Knowledge is key and fire pokemon own.

Let's get a big guy with no neck (called...Bubba) to rape them while they're at work, see how they like it when they cant do JACK about it!!
Quote by splamron
Thats disgusting.

On the grounds that employers should be allowed put whatever they want in a contract because "you don't have to sign it"
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
I'm desperately trying to come up with a witty remark about raping a Republican, but I can't think
hello
Quote by Ur all $h1t
On the grounds that employers should be allowed put whatever they want in a contract because "you don't have to sign it"

Let's add that we can murder our employees whenever we want to as well whilst we are at it! Or refuse to pay them... or pay them in the blood of other dead employees.
Quote by JackalUK
Let's add that we can murder our employees whenever we want to as well whilst we are at it! Or refuse to pay them... or pay them in the blood of other dead employees.

I hear that's what they do in Tesco.
<_<
>_>
hello

Good job, moral majority! I am proud to live in a country that enacts real punishment for women who leave the kitchen. I'm ashamed of the other 70 guys who voted for this! If we allow woment to sue for silly things like sexual harassment, pretty soon they'll be able to go out in public unattended, and choose their husbands!
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.