Hello folks! I'm a metal guitar player, I mostly play Megadeth, Joe Satriani and heavy metal.
Now I have to decide about my next solid state amp:

Roland Cube 30x
OR
VOX VT 30 Valvetronix

Witch one is better and will fit in my style?
Thanks
The Roland would be better for those styles, don't be afraid to try a Peavey Vypyr either.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Honestly, I never liked both. I had a Roland cube for a while and just didn't like the sound. I'd say the Vox though; not my favourite amp but has a better tone than the Roland IMO.
I've got a VOX AD15VT and with my MT-2, it is HEAVY, I mean like thunder. I love it and I play Sabbath to Metallica and many in between. My 2 cents. Peace.
Yesterday is History; Tomorrow is a Mystery; but Today is a Gift; That is why it is called The Present.
What's your current amp and what don't you like about it?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I've got the VT 30, its pretty good. But I also bought a Metal Muff for it, to get that extra heavy sound. But maybe with the Peavy vyper, you dont have to get a pedal. Dunno about the Roland.
Quote by DethDroogie
I just sold a marshall MG 100DFX. It was really a crap

How much do you have to spend? You could probably go better than a Cube or VT.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
I got the Roland Cube 30X. It has a couple of amp models for metal, and they sound good to me, but I'm not a metal-head so you might not like them. I wanted to get the Vypyr, but I didn't because of quality control issues.
Go for the cube man, i have the roland cube 30x, and it sounds fantastic, i also sometimes run my MT-2 through it, and surprisingly still sounds good.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
what's yout budget? can you go used? you can find a cube 60 or better moddeling amp if you go used...
TH3 G3Ar
- JCM 900 SL-X and SV MKII 100HD with LIne 6 sv412
-Bunch of pedals ( WD,BM,NR-2...)
-Ibanez Universe uv777pbk,Rg 2550&321mh
-http://backtorlyeh.bandcamp.com/
The budget doesn't matter too much for me.I just want an exactly 30W carriable and versatile amp, for practice and small club songs.
Some friend of mine gave me his micro cube for a couple of weeks and I think it sounds pretty good for its price. I heard that the VOX sounds more like oldschool rock(softer). So I don't think it's right for me. Guess the 30x cube will be a good choice. Thank you