I'm sure this is an oft-asked question, but I did skimmed a quick searchbad and there wasn't anything which popped up immediately.

Anyway, I'm gonna ask for a delay pedal (and a tuner, but that's not much of an issue over which one) for Xmas and I was wondering which one would be a good choice? I'm on a somewhat limited budget, so I don't really need anything super fancy (like that Boss DD-20 or something - a bit much really).

I play a wide variety of music - mostly alt. rock styles with some hard rock and traditional heavy metal thrown in, and I'm thinking of trying some post-rock and the like, but my pedal board is rather bare so I better not venture there without a greater understanding of the electronics - and I've noticed that delay is pretty much present in one form or another in guitar-orientated music. I guess I just want to fill out my sound a bit more, but I want to try experimenting with some delay-based effects like reverse delay and stuff.

I've been looking at the DD-7 because it's got a handful of neat settings and isn't diabolically expensive, but I haven't really looked much beyond Boss.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Check out the MXR Carbon Copy. There are some who hate it, and some who love it. The same could be said about the DD-7 too. The carbon copy is also analog. You should try em both to see which one you prefer.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
for the money t.c. electronic nova repeater is great, it does pretty much everything and has tap tempo. if you wanna save presets then get its big brother the nova delay
http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--TCENOVAREPEATER
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
I can very highly recommend the Line 6 Echo Park. Kinda expensive but worth every penny.
Ibanez Jem7vwh
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Martin DX1KE
Marshall AVT100
Orange Crush 30R
Digitech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby Wah SW95
Line 6 Echo Park
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
Quote by chrisa123
Check out the MXR Carbon Copy. There are some who hate it, and some who love it. The same could be said about the DD-7 too. The carbon copy is also analog. You should try em both to see which one you prefer.

Wow, that sounds like a mighty fine pedal Anyone know where to get one in Australia?