Ya, my Marshall is fine and good, hell, I even splurged for the better tubes to give it a tighter low end and such, but it just doesn't have the amount of crunch I want..so I'm looking to swap it for an American voiced tube amp head.

I was thinking: Peavey triple XXX, Peavey JSX, or a Mesa solo Rec (would be nice since its 50w)

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Mesa mark series. THE ULTIMATE CRUNCHORZ SOUND!

Seriously though, do a ****load of research on it. Check out Utube videos of lots of amps, till you can narrow it down to about 4-5 amps that you know everything about. Then try and see if you can test them out at stores and whatnot.

Seriously though. Mark series.
My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
-Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp (Mk2C+ mod)
-Mesa/Boogie 50-50 Stereo Poweramp
-Mesa/Boogie Vertical 2x12 (C90 and EVM)
im not really looking to spend extra cash with the trade...i'd prefer someone give me like a triple XXX head + $200 for my Marshall.

i don't wanna fork out more money

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
I thought Fender was the ULTIMATE American p4tr10t1x sound, like a bald eagle flying over the Grand Canyon full of rednecks.

God, I remember that thread...
Quote by Aidy Damage
I thought Fender was the ULTIMATE American p4tr10t1x sound, like a bald eagle flying over the Grand Canyon full of rednecks.

God, I remember that thread...

Ya that was almost as annoying as that sign thread a while back.

TS - I think you could probably find a XXX or Ultra for that trade, but you will have to hold out for a while to find it.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
carvin mts maybe, i love mine, has cleans of a fender and dirty of a mesa kinda
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Quote by tubetime86
Ya that was almost as annoying as that sign thread a while back.

TS - I think you could probably find a XXX or Ultra for that trade, but you will have to hold out for a while to find it.

I figured I could probably get a XXX for it, possibly some cash thrown in too. I'm not TOO worried about losing out on price value and such. In all reality, I practically got my Marshall AND my Epi LP for only $500 (semi-long story).

After seeing some vids on the XXX, it seems like the amp for me. I even know a guy who traded his Mesa in to buy a XXX because he liked the Peavey so much better

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
wait you have a marshall and you want more crunch? hate to break it to you buddy but you aren't gonna get crunchier than a marshall. all those amps you mentioned are high gain amps and will not "crunch" at all because most if not all of the distortion comes from the preamp section. I don't think what you are looking for is "crunch", you want tight high gain.

if you want crunch sell your jcm 2000 and buy a used jcm 800
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by jcp42877
I figured I could probably get a XXX for it, possibly some cash thrown in too. I'm not TOO worried about losing out on price value and such. In all reality, I practically got my Marshall AND my Epi LP for only $500 (semi-long story).

After seeing some vids on the XXX, it seems like the amp for me. I even know a guy who traded his Mesa in to buy a XXX because he liked the Peavey so much better

Yeah man everyone has their preferences so that doesn't surprise. I personally don't like Mesas outside of the Mark series either. The XXX is a good head and should definitely be chunkier than your Marshall, but I still recommend going to a guitar center or music store and just trying out what they have. There are a lot of good unheard of heads as well. Check out the Ampeg Vh-140C, Crate Stealth, and Ampeg VL-502 or Vl-1002. These are all good, relatively unknown heads that you can find for cheap.

Good luck man!
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
Quote by pmeg568c
wait you have a marshall and you want more crunch? hate to break it to you buddy but you aren't gonna get crunchier than a marshall. all those amps you mentioned are high gain amps and will not "crunch" at all because most if not all of the distortion comes from the preamp section. I don't think what you are looking for is "crunch", you want tight high gain.

if you want crunch sell your jcm 2000 and buy a used jcm 800

Haha, you're right! I am looking for tight high-gain. One of my fav bands is Maylene and I KNOW their guitarist Jake uses a XXX, and it sounds great. I also want a guitar that will sound good on a lot of bands that use high gain crunch (ADTR, TDWP, Confide, etc..)

I have my MXR eq pedal, so if need be for something more "crunchy" i cna doctor around a lil bit, but id prefer all my tight gain to come form the amp itself, not added on from the MXR pedal (which is basically what my Marshall is doing now) with the MXr turned off it sounds real muddy and weak. With it on, tight and crunchy...but not tight enough

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables