guy offering me rg3201 for a trade, but i cant find any reviews or clips of it online....says its made in japan 04 model?

Anyone ever hear of it - or have a link to what it might be worth
Last edited by boyd98 at Oct 15, 2009,
Maybe it it's the Ibanez RG 3120 because I think that's the only Ibanez that has 4 figures and starts with a 3.
He doesn't mean the Rg321 does he? I've never heard of the RG3201.
RG321 has fixed bridge and two Infinity humbuckers. Not something to write home about, but a decent guitar nonetheless.
Time is a great teacher. Unfortunatly, it kills all of its pupils.
Quote by richard_edwards
He doesn't mean the Rg321 does he? I've never heard of the RG3201.
RG321 has fixed bridge and two Infinity humbuckers. Not something to write home about, but a decent guitar nonetheless.

I think RG321 is made in Korea.
here's a pic -

i can't find one that has the shark tooth inlays - any guesses on what its worth
Okay now it's making a bit more sense that looks like an Ibanez RG320 of some kind probably the DX model.
yea, thats what i was thinkin, except the guy specifically said it was an RG 3201 model, and it has a edge pro tremolo ?
Quote by boyd98
yea, thats what i was thinkin, except the guy specifically said it was an RG 3201 model, and it has a edge pro tremolo ?

Could you get a picture of back of the headstock?

Edit: Found this
Last edited by Viineri at Oct 15, 2009,
I requested clarification, i'll let you know what he says - thx for the help so far...was thinking i was missing something
At first I thought u got the numbers wrong. I thought it was a rg3120.

That looks like a badass guitar. can't tell if its a edge pro or edge pro II. Although I'm positive its the former, therefore I'd buy it.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
well id be trading it for my esp ec-1000 - and i just want to make sure im not giving up a 900 guitar for a 250-450 guitar -
I'm pretty sure its an RG320. Stay with your ESP.

Also, it has an Edge II.
looks like a lo-pro edge bridge to me. anyway if you're not in a hurry i would register on jemsite.com and ask them. they know everything you could possibly need to know about ibanez and RG's. even just searching for RG 3201 on jemsite might get some hits. could be a japanese model not released in the US. would explain why google has almost nothing on it. could be a weird J-Craft model. which is what it looks like to me.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by richard_edwards
I'm pretty sure its an RG320. Stay with your ESP.

Also, it has an Edge III.

No. Its an Edge Pro

TS ask the guy for more pics. Detailed pics of the body headstock back of the neck, etc.

That top looks too beautiful to be a lowend RG. Either keep researching it.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
The inlays make me think it's a cheapy but the top and bridge make me think it's a Prestige/J-Custom.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
I don't think I know anybody that would trade an LTD EC-1000 for that guitar..
I'm starting to think that's just a low-grade RG with a trem swap.

Unless you can get some more concise info I'd pass.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
The inlays make me think it's a cheapy

i don't know. Ibanez puts those shark tooth inlays on everything. everything from their $300 to their $2000 models. its really hard to tell. my guess is still on a J-Craft model that the US just didn't see, but now i'm really curious thanks, TS
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
ah - the guy traded that model - whatever it was, before i could get any info..

on the possible flip side, he traded it for a original PJM100 - i did just create another post asking for opinions on it, so i dont want to dual thread here....i just wanted to update this thread on the rg3201, 3120, 320dx, or whatever it is -

But if you have any more opinons i would love to now know what you think of that pgm100. Seems like a rare guitar that might be solid? I know the re-issues go for 2k
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
i don't know. Ibanez puts those shark tooth inlays on everything. everything from their $300 to their $2000 models. its really hard to tell. my guess is still on a J-Craft model that the US just didn't see, but now i'm really curious thanks, TS
The J-Custom models don't start with 3.
Quote by Marty Friedman
i`ve been through every colour chart in the ibby back catalogues and i can`t find that finish there are some that come close and i`m sure thats a edge pro 2 bridge
I'm certain that it's an Edge II, it has that long part on the saddle where you screw it open and you put the whole ball-end in there and tighten it back up.