for IRC users:

server: irc.connorhd.net
channel: #ug-recording

ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
It won't work for me, gets disconnected all the time, channels won't come up, can't change nick, ...
Quote by TechnicolorType
I don't see why I had never noticed the big "CHAT" button on this site.

Nobody ever does notice it, but it's one of the fastest ways on the site to get an answer, even considering how fast this website moves.
type: /join #UG-RECORDING
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Well shit. I knew Gareth was active on UG, didn't know you were too Catharsis
WTLTL 2011
I'm not sure where to post this, and I'm new in this section of UG, so please bear with me guys.

I'm thinking of buying the M-Audio Fast Track 2 interface, and get Pro Tools along with it, so that will be my interface and DAW out of the way. Now for some tracks, I will mic up my Orange Rocker 30 so that won't be a problem, but for some tones for my guitar, and when using drum loops and other instruments, I'm gonna need VSTs. Any advice on which ones to get? The free ones sound... free.
I love you Ryan and Ritter.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
Live chats tend to do poorly and die off shortly......I guess because people show up expecting others to be there helping but we all cant always be around.

The forums where people post and others check in a few times a day work out best for most people and that's what I prefer.
Quote by jasonmetal love
I love you Ryan and Ritter.

thanks babe. i'd say it back, but you have terrible personality flaws, and i like women.

Quote by lockwolf
does anyone even use this anymore?

yes. i'm typically on during (American) evenings, and though i don't have the expertise ryan has, i can offer you some tips as well as recycled things ryan says that i don't understand.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Quote by lockwolf
does anyone even use this anymore?

there are always a few people in there when i stop in, which is most weekends.

there isnt always a lot going on, but the people who are there are usually able to at least point people to things.
bumpdeebump
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Anyone use this nowadays? Never really paid attention to the Chat before but thought it might provide discussion that isn't always 'I wanna record guitar, what should I buy?'...
Hey, look. Sigs are back.