Page 1 of 2
With over 400 episodes, I think nearly everyone must enjoy one episode or another. Although the writing, and animation really seemed to decline in the last few years, it seems to be the best shows on the television, and I'm really gonna miss it when it's gone.

What was your favorite episode? Give a brief summary of it, and why.

I think mine might be the one where Bart says he doesn't believe in a soul. He sells it to Milhouse for 5 dollars, but soon Bart is almost not even a real person, things ignore him, and he gets really depressed. He tries to buy it back from Milhouse, and later Comic Book Guy, but neither have it. He prays to God for his soul back, and how much he needs it, even though its just a piece of paper with his "soul" on it. After desperately praying, it seems to come out of no where, and land on his bed. It turns out Lisa bought it with her piggy bank money.

I love this episiode. It was really when the Simpsons were in there prime, and it has something that I miss from the newer episodes. Although it's comedy, and a cartoon it has a moral, but it's done in a subtle way. The simpsons are just an everage family, but a soul is something everyone has, and can't live without, and like other early simpsons episodes God plays a big part, like where it's just Bart against the world, he prays, and his prayers were answered, Bart learns a lesson, and is still a good person, but not necessarily the "ideal" Christian. A lot of early episodes were like this.

Sorry if I bored you, but what are your favorites?
Lisa Gets an A with Pinchy the Lobster.
Who's ready for a copy/pasted Wikipedia summary?

After yet another long morning at church, the Simpsons go to a grocery store (Eatie Gourmet's) to take advantage of free samples in lieu of a Sunday brunch. At the store, Homer wants to buy a lobster, but since the larger ones are too expensive he decides to buy a small one and fatten him up before he, in his words, "eats the profits". Homer also tries to look for normal flavors of ice cream among the unusually titled flavors of the "Ken & Harry's" factory plant, so he decides to put Lisa into the freezer to look for some in the back, which ultimately results in her getting a cold. Marge wants Lisa to stay home from school for the next few days to recover from her cold. At home, Lisa gets addicted to one of Bart's video games, ignoring the homework on The Wind in the Willows that she is given by Ralph. When Lisa returns to school there's a test on the book. Having not read the book, she is not prepared for the test, and when she asks Bart for advice, he brings her to Nelson from whom she gets the test answers. Miss Hoover grades the tests over lunch, and Lisa is awarded the rare grade of A+++ (it was written with four plusses, but the fourth plus was a stain of Drambuie).

Meanwhile, Homer has become attached to his Lobster and names him Pinchy. When it comes time to cook Pinchy, Homer cannot bring himself to do it, and instead, declares him a part of the family now.

The family is extremely proud of Lisa's "achievement", much to the chagrin of her guilt-ridden conscience. The next day at school, Principal Skinner informs Lisa that her test grade has brought Springfield Elementary's GPA up to the State's minimum standard, and they now qualify for a basic assistance grant. Lisa confesses that she cheated on the test and Skinner and Superintendent Chalmers both agree it would be best to keep this a secret in order to keep the money. Although Lisa confesses during the grant money presentation assembly, the school manages to keep the money, as Principal Skinner anticipated Lisa would confess, and staged a phony presentation before the real one (even going as far as to allow Bart in on the plan.). At home, after getting dirty playing in the yard, Pinchy is put in a hot bath by Homer, and unfortunately Pinchy is boiled alive. Homer sadly eats Pinchy all by himself while his family looks on.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Quote by levi.lydat
I like the one where peter tells louis her nose looks like a sandwich lol, all of the simpsons are funny.

You best be trollin'.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
The (Person/Thing) Gets a (Grade) are great.

Bart Get's an F
Bart's Dog Get's an F
Lisa Gets an A
Homer: You know, Marge, I've had my share of troubles, but sitting here now with you and the kids in our cozy home in this beautiful free country...it just makes me feel that I'm really a lucky guy.

Lisa: Dad! Your hand is jammed in the toaster!

Homer: Aah! Get it off! Get it off! Get it off of me! (throws the toaster off his hand, sighs, slumps down to floor)

Bart: Dad! It's in there again!

EDIT: http://www.hulu.com/watch/19203/the-simpsons-hand-in-toaster
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Last edited by Here_is_no_why at Oct 15, 2009,
The one where it's like the same story, but told in the perspective of three people.

It was on Sky One last night and I thought it was bangingly cool
Cam Sampbell's my hero
"Well Edna, for a school with no Asian kids I think we've put on a pretty darn good science fair."

Ah Mr. Skinner, always good for a larf.

There are many more... but that's the one I watched tonight...
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
I love the one where Homer finds out his middle name.

And another one i enjoy is the one where Homer and Bart become truckers. Great memories, great memories.
DeVillains!
Quote by Lil Macker
The one where it's like the same story, but told in the perspective of three people.

It was on Sky One last night and I thought it was bangingly cool

linguo dead? That was the last really good episode they made.

I love every episode with Lionel Hutz, RIP Phil Hartman
Is Simpsons Ending???
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
My favorite episode is Barting over and the tree house of horror (the one whit the simpsons turning into animals)

My favorite side character is Collin (irish guy whit the guitar ) and Bart's girlfriend (future drama)
"Take this plane anywhere there are girls going wild" - Mayor Quimby

Best quote ever.

Actually -

"Hello Smithers, you are quite good at turning me on" - Smithers' Computer
Quote by Just_Matt
Atta boy! *pats makefunoflucky and heads towards the rear...*
"Take this object, but beware it carries a terrible curse!"
"Oh, that's bad."
"But it comes with a free frogurt!"
"That's good."
"The frogurt is also cursed."
"That's bad."
"But you get your choice of toppings."
"That's good."
"The toppings contain potassium benzoate."
"..."
"That's bad."

And Lionel Hutz is the best Simpsons character ever, no doubt.

"He's had it in for me ever since I accidentally ran over his dog... Actually, replace accidentally with 'repeatedly' and 'dog' with 'son'."

"Well, your honour, we've plenty of hearsay and conjecture. Those are kinds of evidence."

Ahh, the days when The Simpsons used to be good. Almost untouchable at it's best.
I love the bowling episode. Especially the bit in the kitchen:

Bart: 'That sucks.'
Marge: 'Bart! Where did you learn that kind of language?"
Homer (On the phone): 'I tell ya Mo, that team last night sucked, I mean they really sucked, they must have been the suckiest bunch of suckers who ever sucked."

It's simple but brilliant.
Quote by The Eyebrow
Anything with Hans Moleman.
He never fails to make me laugh
You're gay for Moleman

No you're gay for Moleman

Moleman: Nobody's gay for Moleman
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Ralph: Me fail English? That’s unpossible.

Homer: When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power…like God must feel when he’s holding a gun.

Homer: Fame was like a drug. But what was even more like a drug were the drugs.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
They've got boards, with nails in them!
Quote by BassisticT
My Ex firlfriend once shaved my butthair... A day later my butt looked like Freddy Krugers Face >.< Couldn't sit comfortable for like 4 Days.

Quote by Sir-Shredalot

Not sure what is worse the fact they watched a bbc drama series or they downed ethenol
Snake: (shooting random people on the roof of the Kwicki Mart) YOU LIVE YOU DIE YOU LIVE YOU DIE
Chief Wiggum: See in the old days we'd be all over that
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Here_is_no_why
Homer: You know, Marge, I've had my share of troubles, but sitting here now with you and the kids in our cozy home in this beautiful free country...it just makes me feel that I'm really a lucky guy.

Lisa: Dad! Your hand is jammed in the toaster!

Homer: Aah! Get it off! Get it off! Get it off of me! (throws the toaster off his hand, sighs, slumps down to floor)

Bart: Dad! It's in there again!

EDIT: http://www.hulu.com/watch/19203/the-simpsons-hand-in-toaster

Oh God, I remember that episode
The one where Homer's mom leaves clues in the newspaper.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Ylasto
I love the one where Homer finds out his middle name.

And another one i enjoy is the one where Homer and Bart become truckers. Great memories, great memories.

B...B....B......But the poncho......

yeah but on topic, isnt there too many to name a favorate. im 18, and simpsons has been on all my life, its pretty hard to pick
the baseball one is one of my favorites, and the one where homer goest to rock and roll fantasy camp (seeing as this is a guitar website)

i love ralph but it feels like in the newer episodes they're using him way too much as a go to gag
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Last edited by bellamy_morello at Oct 15, 2009,
"Grandpa, are you sitting on the apple pie?"
Abe: "I sure hope so."

Or another amazing one.

Homer: "SO Malloy.....it seems the Cat Burglar was caught by the very person that was trying to catch him"
Moe: "How ironic"
What have we learned.....

Words are weightless here on earth,
because they're free

.....from this wee exercise?
Quote by thucydides
this show needs to die.

you need to die
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Quote by Don_Humpador
"Take this object, but beware it carries a terrible curse!"
"Oh, that's bad."
"But it comes with a free frogurt!"
"That's good."
"The frogurt is also cursed."
"That's bad."
"But you get your choice of toppings."
"That's good."
"The toppings contain potassium benzoate."
"..."
"That's bad."

Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Quote by Chaosinborn
The leprosy one with CBS i beleive. That one was my favorite.

"BRAINSSSS... BRAINSSSSSS.... Use your brains to help us"

Hilarious.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Quote by bellamy_morello
you need to die

no, but, really, it's a terrible show that's been on for too long and was funny for like four seasons.
Page 1 of 2