Right you guys, I have an ESP LTD EX-50 (Christmas present, lol, I would have gone for 260 at least, but thats not the point) and every time I play it standing up, the headstock and neck seem to slip down and the end spike seems to come up, and in order to play solos, I have to nearly hold the neck end up with more force than on my SG.

Now, my question is this: Does any type of Flying V, or Randy Rhoads V do this aswell? I like Vs but I wouldn't bother looking in to one if this was the case aswell.

And just for the record, this is for future reference, I'm not about to get a new guitar.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

i can't say for explorers, but i know my esp dosen't do that nor do jackson RR's.
Gear:
Ernie Ball MusicMan JP7
Schecter Hellraiser 006
Mesa Boogie Road King s.2
Mesa Boogie 4x12 Recto cab

Ibanez Keeley TS-9
TC Electronics G-Force
Amp Gizmo
Voodoo Labs GCX
Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro
v's are usually neck heavy.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
My explorer doesn't do that, the neck sticks up just at the right angle for playing whilst standing
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Rhoads do it to. Like Blackened Seas said, v's normally have necks that way a little bit more than the body. It doesn't bother me, but if it bothers you, you can do what Alexi Laiho does and put your knee up and rest your guitar vertically on your knee when you solo.

Last edited by CrimsonSwirl at Oct 15, 2009,
Rhoads do it, but not that much. Try a LTD V-401, they have big mahogany bodies so that should minimalise the neck dive. Also a strap with a suede backing will be grippyer and should combat neck dive.

Quote by CrimsonSwirl
you can do what Alexi Laiho does and put your knee up and rest your guitar vertically on your knee when you solo.

I do this most of the time when I'm doing tricky solos
Quote by CrimsonSwirl
Rhoads do it to. Like Blackened Seas said, v's normally have necks that way a little bit more than the body. It doesn't bother me, but if it bothers you, you can do what Alexi Laiho does and put your knee up and rest your guitar vertically on your knee when you solo.

Yeah, i do that alot with my EX, really helps.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by KirkMetallica
Yeah, i do that alot with my EX, really helps.

like wise, i bring my V up, and pretty much "Hip it" lift it up and rest the wing on my hip
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
get a leather strap. i bought this cheap local store brand strap and any guitar i used it on, the heavy end would sink. try a better strap and it should grip you enough to hold the guitar at whatever angle you set it.

i love the explorer shape. my FX 260 is just an EX with a natural finish and spalted maple top. sorry you only got the -50 haha but maybe one day you can upgrade.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Explorers are PERFECTLY balanced. I have a GMW Polka Dot V and neck dives a little bit too.
I can play guitar!

Randy Rhoads FTW!

Proud owner of a GMW Polka Dot V.

Gear:
GMW Polka Dot V
Gibson Explorer Pro
Epiphone G-400

Peavey Bandit 112
My homemade rrv neck dives a good amount, but thats because the body is the most insanely light strain of basswood I've ever had in a guitar, while the neck is maple, which is fairly heavy for a neck.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ