Why Can't I Practice Guitar At Home???? I Always Have To Go Out In Public.

Page 1 of 2
I have a major problem practicing guitar at home, i get bored easily, i have to either go to the Park, Beach, Forest, or even Coffee Shops and play in my own quite moment, I'm not sure what causes this, It's almost as if i MUST GET OUT THE HOUSE TO PRACTICE...

If i go to a friends house i can play all day, can anyone explain this problem? am i the only one having this issue?
You're embarrassed to play around ur family.

DUH!
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Yeah - you're retarded.

Seriously.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
the problem lies deep within your urinal tract.
This happens when a solid object or matter in your body forms creating a damn.
This damn acts as a shield, shielding you from necessary nutrients your body desperately needs.
So you got to coffee shops to play guitar.
Imaginary family DUH!

Yeah, you're just a showoff.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Either you're doing it for attention because no one will hear/appreciate you at home, or you've just convinced yourself that you 'can't' play at home having noticed this little tendency of yours.

Also it's distracting to scatter capital letters randomly all over your post in the wrong places. It's grammar, not seasoning.
Quote by chearsy
I have a major problem practicing guitar at home, i get bored easily, i have to either go to the Park, Beach, Forest, or even Coffee Shops and play in my own quite moment, I'm not sure what causes this, It's almost as if i MUST GET OUT THE HOUSE TO PRACTICE...

If i go to a friends house i can play all day, can anyone explain this problem? am i the only one having this issue?

Oh, dude, please don't be "that guy." Everyone hates "that guy."
Retarded, seriously.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
Retarded, seriously.

Look at the second reply, then you might understand this-------->
hello
Dude, I have the same problem. I can't write on my movie script at home, so I have to bring my laptop out with me to cafes, where I order a latte and write on my movie script. I sometimes let people know I'm working on a movie script.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Dude, I have the same problem. I can't write on my movie script at home, so I have to bring my laptop out with me to cafes, where I order a latte and write on my movie script. I sometimes let people know I'm working on a movie script.
I was in the pub once waiting for my friends when this guy comes over and was like "Sorry, do you have any paper?" (pause) "And a pen? It's just that I want to write some poetry."

Needless to say I threw up on his shoes and poked him in the eyes with two forked fingers to convey my disgust.
Quote by rigiddigits
I was in the pub once waiting for my friends when this guy comes over and was like "Sorry, do you have any paper?" (pause) "And a pen? It's just that I want to write some poetry."

Needless to say I threw up on his shoes and poked him in the eyes with two forked fingers to convey my disgust.

Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by rigiddigits

Is that a common pick-up method where you live?
You're an attention *****. Seems pretty self evident.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
Quote by Kensai

Is that a common pick-up method where you live?
Here in the Home Counties? ...Yeah. That and "So I see you're reading Kierkegaard! Let me stand too close and explain to you, a tiny woman, my own views on existentialist philosophy!" (or words to that effect.)

Did I mention the guy had a jacket with elbow patches? The one you wear when you want everybody to know you're a literary type.
Quote by Another thread by chearsy
Recently i got so lazy of sitting down and standing to practice, i decided to lay in bed one day and play, and boy am i addicted now, I am constantly laying flat on my back and playing guitar, LAZY LAZY HABIT, but i enjoy it, i can actually go for 4 to 5 hrs, sleep get up, Play, go back to sleep, Everything just seems to be done with one SHOT.

Is this going to hurt me in the future?

Do you take your bed to the coffee shop?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by rigiddigits
Here in the Home Counties? ...Yeah. That and "So I see you're reading Kierkegaard! Let me stand too close and explain to you, a tiny woman, my own views on existentialist philosophy!" (or words to that effect.)

Did I mention the guy had a jacket with elbow patches? The one you wear when you want everybody to know you're a literary type.

I feel I must visit that wonderful place
A girl reading kierkegaard, that's a rare find.

And that's pretty weird, I made fun of a guy wearing elbow patches the other day. I called him captain elbow patch.
Quote by rigiddigits

There was one of those at a pawn shop. I guess it was his, since he had no poetry to write or sell because he had no pen or paper.
You desire the instant gratification of people paying attention to you.
Retarded, Seriously
UG'S SEXIEST TRANNY 2010

UG'S 3rd HOTTEST CROSSDRESSER 2011
Quote by TEK34
You're a character on my Sims 3, and I make you practice outside.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Nah, you just arn't practicing right.

Your practice would definately sound better outside. Because your with other people.
Doesn't mean it's the best way though, best to practice what your **** at.. If i'm practicing and i'm sounding good, i've done somthing wrong.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by Kensai

Let me guess, you also have a Mac just to show everyone how creative you are.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Let me guess, you also have a Mac just to show everyone how creative you are.

It is not allowed to order a latte without a Mac in hand. Discounts are also given to those who wear black turtlenecks.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by rigiddigits

hell on earth.

I practiced trumpet on my front porch once. Some women walked up my driveway with her baby in a baby stroller and watched me : / and told me how one of her children used to play. It was scary. I learned my lesson.
Quote by biga29
Do you take your bed to the coffee shop?

LOL the kid needs attention in real life
also apperently needs attention on UG

sounds like hte attention seeker doucher
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by rigiddigits
Either you're doing it for attention because no one will hear/appreciate you at home, or you've just convinced yourself that you 'can't' play at home having noticed this little tendency of yours.

Also it's distracting to scatter capital letters randomly all over your post in the wrong places. It's grammar, not seasoning.

EDIT:
Quote by chearsy
wow i feel like crap for expressing my most inner musical issues, this really hurt me, if i had any idea i would be attacked this way i wouldn't of posted this. A guy sent me a personal message and told me its normal. Many artist get inspiration from being in different environments. I see tons of people in public with their LAPTOP, They could be home, But they go out, I see the painter in public or they poet or writer sitting in Starbuck studying his writing. I was beginning to feel like a real weird douchebag attention seeking person, but many do it..

hm...i think you're on to something
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Last edited by psychokiller99 at Oct 15, 2009,
wow i feel like crap for expressing my most inner musical issues, this really hurt me, if i had any idea i would be attacked this way i wouldn't of posted this. A guy sent me a personal message and told me its normal. Many artist get inspiration from being in different environments. I see tons of people in public with their LAPTOP, They could be home, But they go out, I see the painter in public or they poet or writer sitting in Starbuck studying his writing. I was beginning to feel like a real weird douchebag attention seeking person, but many do it..
TS, all you have to do is set up some teddy bears and play for them, just pretend they're hot chicks.

No, you shouldn't have sex with them afterwards!
Some places just aren't fun to play at, change up your room and see if it's more comfortable and open for you to play in.
Quote by The_Casinator
TS, all you have to do is set up some teddy bears and play for them, just pretend they're hot chicks.

No, you shouldn't have sex with them afterwards!

No, he should definitely have sex with them afterward.
Page 1 of 2