Page 1 of 2
http://www.artlurker.com/2009/09/the-rape-tunnel-by-sheila-zareno/

Too long to pate all in here.

tl;dr. Some whack job Ohio 'Artist' is gonna' make a room with one exit which is a tunnell that graduially gets smaller the closer to the room you get, he will be IN the room and rape anyone that ventures into it.

I wanna' go a long with a box of matches, the idiot made it out of Ply Wood.
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
Wtf, that guy is weird... is he on UG?
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
what's that anti-rape condom thing called? Go with one of them.
you still have zoiiidbeeeerg
(V) (;,,;) (V)
YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG
Quote by TheBurningFish
It's more shocking to see Tom dressed at all.
Quote by suckersdream
I don't think I've ever actually seen him clothed.
Sexy Peoples Only
◕ ‿ ◕
TweetZ
It is stupid, but this pretty much sums it up:

It would seem that what you are proposing to do will not technically constitute rape for the obvious reason that whoever enters into the tunnel is acting of their own free will, therefore making the act consensual. If you aren’t really raping anyone, doesn’t that undermine the credibility of the project?

First of all, I want to make it clear that I plan to make the experience as unpleasant as I possibly can to anyone who dares to crawl through the tunnel. I will try to the best of my ability to make them regret their decision.

Secondly, rape is not always a black and white issue. The definition is argued almost everyday in courtrooms around the country. The woman who gets too drunk one night and regrets having sex the next morning, was she raped or not? There is no easy answer. I hope some of that ambiguity will manifest itself in this project.

It is a terrible idea, but obviously you know the consequences of entering the room. So if you get raped I don't feel bad for you.

That being said, I don't see how this is possibly art. The guy is nuts.
Quote by pyjamallama
Theoretically that may not actually be rape... If you know it's a 'rape tunnel' and you know what happens, surely by entering it you are consenting to it - thus making it consensual sex, not rape...

The Sex Tunnel?
AROUND THE WORLD

I'm gonna hit the gym, hire some bodyguards with incredibly vicious dogs and see how this goes.

Quote by GuyWhoDoesStuff
The anti-rape tampon? There was this tampon with a giant spike on the end of it, which would be a right laugh.
Last edited by alexmonty12 at Oct 15, 2009,
Where can I hire a HIV+ Hooker? The only way to fight lulz is with more lulz, amirite?
Quote by bananahammock
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
it's so obvious he expects really hot 17 year old models to walk through

Quote by pyjamallama
Theoretically that may not actually be rape... If you know it's a 'rape tunnel' and you know what happens, surely by entering it you are consenting to it - thus making it consensual sex, not rape...

Consensual rape so to speak? Is it actually possible? lol.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
this guy stole my idea! i was gonna make the rape slide, and at the end would be my erect penis to plow anyone who got to the bottom
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
I'm interested in the first youtube video of this, and putting a rape condom in every orifice of a 16yr old girl

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by pyjamallama
UG certainly needs one of those. Perhaps if we asked the mods nicely...

begin construction of the Sex Tunnel immediately.
AROUND THE WORLD

Quote by article
I started to think differently about my work. In 2007 at the Seward Projects Space in Columbus, I had my first breakthrough with an installation that was to be the prototype for this current one. It was called THE PUNCH-YOU-IN-THE-FACE TUNNEL.
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
Sounds like just a random rapist trying to make ends meet. Artist, huh? It's ugly, and the whole idea behind it is repulsive. What's art about it? It doesn't even have any message behind it or anything. Why do they allow it? Also, what if it's a guy who goes through the tunnel? Or a couple?
Also, in the article, he talks about not being concerned about the positive or negative effects of the project. What positive effects? He already ruined someone's career with his 'oh so clever masterpiece' Punch-You-in-the-Face-Tunnel. Does he want to destroy someone's whole life?
There's absolutely no point behind this except rasping people, and throughout the article he painted himself as an obnoxious, pretentious douchebag. I think he should crawl through one of his own tunnels before setting them loose on the public. He should find other ways to channel his aggression.
BTW: I'm not saying all modern art is ****, I'm only saying that a lot of it is created only for oh-so-wise critics to appear intellectual individuals by remarking on how great it is, without really liking it or understanding it.
Last edited by jimmyled at Oct 15, 2009,
Uh, modern conceptual art is about creating controversy. Some might say that that's an art form in itself now. That's all that happened here. It's not a real artwork. The art was made when everyone believed it and talked about it, making people think.

Or, alternatively:

lolz they call anything art these days people cant even paint anymore your not an artist if you cant even paint what is the world coming to omg a five year old child could have done that

brb, writing to my MP

Last edited by rigiddigits at Oct 15, 2009,
That guy in the photos on the gevers link actually looks like he could be a rapist.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by alexmonty12
I should have spotted this as fake way earlier. I am ashamed of myself.

http://www.geversaircraft.com/wt/wt5x7.htm

... I'm somewhat dissapointed now.

Quote by bananahammock
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
Quote by benjy118
... I'm somewhat dissapointed now.
Naturally. Who wouldn't want to be raped?!
Quote by Altitudinous
Man i've had it with these ****ty articles/threads. Like its good that you made a thread about it, i don't really care about that, i just wish that this kind of bull**** didn't happen.

Quote by bananahammock
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
Rape seemed like the next logical step.

Quote by Stormx
I tremble before your enormous penis.
Quote by molala2
and i farted, it was really stink
Quote by italiarlz135
Led Pepplin, you are god because of this thread.
Quote by josh999x, Brick23

Sign me up. I am his newest disciple.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by GuyWhoDoesStuff

If I stay too quiet
I can hear her walking by
Death cold air is moving
Like the touch of her hand

ikuisesti hallussa surua,
pienentynyt enkeli, ottaa minuun,
johtaa minut tämän arvokkaan valoa,
ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.
Whatever happened to drawing a picture?

I'm sick of artists using crap like this to get attention. If they aren't very good, they aren't very good. They should get over it instead of using lame publicity stunts.

A bunch of Banksey copiers painted a bunch of crap on our high street, and, stupidly, thought they'd get away with it. The police caught up with them at 2 in the morning the day after. I lol'd.
The problem with most of today’s art is that it’s being created for a world that doesn’t want or need it.

Because the general consensus amongst the world is that we need to get raped?

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Quote by frozen_soul
this guy stole my idea! i was gonna make the rape slide, and at the end would be my erect penis to plow anyone who got to the bottom

I can think of so many ways how that could go terribly wrong... *shudders*
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
What made me lol is that it was proven fake in the first post.
Quote by Stormx
I tremble before your enormous penis.
Quote by molala2
and i farted, it was really stink
Quote by italiarlz135
Led Pepplin, you are god because of this thread.
Quote by josh999x, Brick23

As it turns out, I ended up breaking the nose of the third person to crawl through the tunnel, an aspiring model. She went to the hospital and eventually sued me. Her modeling career was put on hold. The civil case was long and drawn out and the matter still hasn’t been resolved. To this day she still has unpaid medical bills. The point of this long aside is that all this took place two years ago, and I’m still having an impact on this young lady’s life, something not many other artists could claim about their work.
Rape seemed like the next logical step.

so obviously fake.

Like that artist who claimed to have Kurt Cobain's ashes (I went to her exhibition in Berlin and asked to smoke a bit of his ashes, she let me, and it sure didn't TASTE like Kurt Cobain.) or the dude who had a room full of bubbles, and afterwards told the people the bubbles were supposedly made out of water that soaked dead bodies (they weren't).
Artists pull stunts like this all of the time, just to get attention.

EDIT: oh, so it was a hoax anyways. nvm
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Oct 15, 2009,
Page 1 of 2