I have been playing with D'Addario 9's for a while before I realized it was time to change my strings. I was curious about DR strings since I never tried them and heard they were bright and durable. I put on a set of DR 9's and they do sound good. However, they just feel kind of loose, not in the sense of bending but more like I feel like I don't alot of traction with them, they feel wobbly. Whereas I could play very accurately with good speed with the D'Addarios, now it feels like im trying to run on sand. I took my guitar in to the shop and they said there is nothing wrong with the way I strung it. Did anyone have a similar experience? Is this the characteristics that DR strings have or am i jsut crazy? Any helpful comments would be appreciated thanks.
i just know that harmonics love DRs
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
Well, everybody's hands and fingers are different. I made the same switch, and I didn't feel that difference, but that makes no difference if you feel that difference, because it's in your own hands/fingers. If they don't suit you, then move back to D'Addario.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Went thru a patch of using different strings.... Dean, Ernies, DR, Rotosound etc, etc and they all felt different some better...some worse.... in the end I went back to D'Addarios and have stayed there ever since.... again it's down to preference but D'Addarios are the best out of the lot.... for me at least.
[
DRs are wound tighter, so there might be less purchase on the wound strings. Personally I love DRs.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
I do prefer DRs I also played elixir cleartone,
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
i felt the same way. not a fan of dr's
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
I love DR's because of the tightness but some times i packs loose strings.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Quote by Skuzzmo
Went thru a patch of using different strings.... Dean, Ernies, DR, Rotosound etc, etc and they all felt different some better...some worse.... in the end I went back to D'Addarios and have stayed there ever since.... again it's down to preference but D'Addarios are the best out of the lot.... for me at least.

was in the same boat. been trying different strings on and off for the last year. d addario sound the best to me. i play the .13-.56 ej22 on my SG in C standard and they sound great. DR strings arent bad, but they arent thebest bang for your buck. i liked dunlop strings over DR. i have dunlops on my dot studio and they sound really good. theyre no d addarios though. haha
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?