Page 1 of 2
A Baptist Church near Asheville, N.C., is hosting a "Halloween book burning" to purge the area of "Satan's" works, which include all non-King James versions of the Bible, popular books by many religious authors and even country music.

Good riddance.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
WTF?

Just send them to me!
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
I facepalmed as soon as I saw the words 'burn books'.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Hehehe.... Christians...

hehe
This is my sig, isn't it

AWESOME?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']I never understood Christianity.

A religion that is essentially based on stories about an invisible man that made the universe and a magic zombie that could walk on water and got nailed to a cross.
Satan is more beautiful than Jesus.
"If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don't even start..."
Charles Bukowski
They didn't mention metal...
-Nigel Tufnel on Joe Satriani-

"I look at it, his fingers move, and i say yeah...yeah; but where are they going?"
Christians never cease to amuse with their ridiculous stupidity.
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by XxRustInPeacexX
Christians never cease to amuse with their ridiculous stupidity.

Please do not throw all Christian into this group...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by OlivierF
Hehehe.... Christians...

hehe

I agree with you 100%
Yea, a lot of these Evangelical Christian churches are screwed up and don't even know what they believe anymore. Apparently the original Greek versions of the new testament are satan's books now, idiots...

This is so KKKish. it reminds me of,
"To represent how much we hate those Catholics we're gonna burn a Cross!!"
"But aren't we Christian too, and isn't that one of our symbols as well?"
"Shut up Jeremiah! We're burning a Cross and thats that!"
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
Quote by The_Casinator
They do realize Hitler did the exact same thing in 1933 right?

screw you for beating me to it, and i was gunna make it funny and witty, u killled and awesome set up.
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
What in the hell? If there is a god, I know for sure that he or she wouldn't agree with this at all.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by DZCunuck
Yea, a lot of these Evangelical Christian churches are screwed up and don't even know what they believe anymore. Apparently the original Greek versions of the new testament are satan's books now, idiots...

This is so KKKish. it reminds me of,
"To represent how much we hate those Catholics we're gonna burn a Cross!!"
"But aren't we Christian too, and isn't that one of our symbols as well?"
"Shut up Jeremiah! We're burning a Cross and thats that!"

Please know what you're talking about before you talk about...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
I really can't believe it's happening here is the thing. This just isn't the kind of place where things like this happen, it's really laid back. I guess when you get farther away from town into Moonshine land and what not though..

Has anything like this ever happened to anyone else's town? Or something as shocking/weird?
Quote by biga29
Please know what you're talking about before you talk about...

explain your problems with my post.

And sorry i don't have a lot of time for a deep dogmatic dispute cause i have to go to my next class in like half an hour.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
you have to take pity on the vast majority normal christians when **** like this happens

oh radical southern baptists, you're always good for a laugh

also, burning country music, blessing in disguise?
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by Carswell98

also, burning country music, blessing in disguise?

Depends what kind of country music.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by DZCunuck
explain your problems with my post.

And sorry i don't have a lot of time for a deep dogmatic dispute cause i have to go to my next class in like half an hour.

I have to go to my next class in like 20 seconds, so I have less time...

You just said "a lot of these Evangelical Christian churches are screwed up and don't even know what they believe anymore". That's not true. Evanglical Christians include alot of different groups, including me.

Those guys are just a small "section" of "us".
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
"I believe the King James version is God's preserved, inspired, inerrant and infallible word of God," Pastor Marc Grizzard told a local news station of his 14-member parish.

Good thing its just 14 of them
Quote by bananahammock
screw you for beating me to it, and i was gunna make it funny and witty, u killled and awesome set up.

You shouldn't make witty remarks about Nazi's!
I believe the King James version is God's preserved, inspired, inerrant and infallible word of God," Pastor Marc Grizzard told a local news station of his 14-member parish.

Equal Time for Nutjobs. It's a tiny group of people who sent out a press release of some type to get attention for their shenanigans. Why did Raw Story think this was newsworthy? They're lazy and like to tell us that Christians are nuts.

It's not a big deal. It's about the same thing as me and a few friends getting together to burn "Satan's music" and sending out a press release about it.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Depends what kind of country music.

pop country. all pop country.
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Everyone who is in traveling distance should drive by and blast country and Deicide.
Last edited by Guitarmike123 at Oct 15, 2009,
Quote by biga29

Agreed... Not all Christians are fvck nuggets.... Some just take it to an extreme... because a Bible of Christianity is a Bible... no matter KJV or NIV so they actually might be sinning for defacing God's word..... but oh well who cares what i think
✠I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few
✠Adolf Hitler✠
It certainly aint not no witch hunt but a good book burning is always a good way scare the devil outta town, I reckon.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
protest by burning down their church that would show em.All they would do is blame satan if you left no evidence xD.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
****ing religious idiots .

I am ashamed of being human now.
Edit :
They may look extreme to you but dont forget that you believe in a wizard like zombie who's storys have been written down in a lot of versions though you only believe 4 of them and have been translated millions of times so probably every other word has been changed over the years.
A God that uses the same techniques as the maffia( believe in me and I'll protect you .If you don't you go to hell ).
and a story that tells that the whole human race is formed by a man , his rib and one huge load of incest.
And the backup story that says he pulled the entire univers out of his sleeve in 6 days and even had the time to rest for a whole day.
Last edited by Waffleguy at Oct 15, 2009,
Quote by biga29

This would be a valid point if Christianity as a whole wasn't based on worshiping a magic zombie.
You're*
Just becasue something like this happens, don't let your view of Christians go out the window. I for one am a Christian, and I think this is completely insane.
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
Last edited by EVH92 at Oct 15, 2009,
YES!! For once everyone's not bashing on Catholics.
Quote by mikeyknowsbette
i can make a lolstack!

Quote by Survivalism
This would be a valid point if Christianity as a whole wasn't based on worshiping a magic zombie.

Just don't man.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
Just don't man.

Radicals of all kind make me
has a terrible signature.
Page 1 of 2