A guy on here has shown interest in my Marshall. He has his Randall Ninja to put up, but I really don;t know anything about these amps and im at work so all media streaming vids are firewalled so, anyone have any experience with these amps?

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Well, I am that guy haha and I did a review on it and it is on here. You're going to immediately notice the reliability but I'll assure you, the head I reviewed no longer exists; Randall sent me a new head and it has worked fine since with NO problems whatsoever. The sound is phenomenal and sounds exactly like what you want. Don't take my word exclusively though, wait for some other responses too just to be sure.
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
Um...
What the hell could you possibly need 480 watts for?
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
It's great amp it's a great amp with two SS channels one tube channel. It's a versatile amp that can preform metal to jazz. It needs pedals to get the tone right though.

It'll be louder than the current amp you have because it's rated at 480 watts RMS.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Last edited by Blacken Seas at Oct 15, 2009,
If you play any style other than über-brootz I'd pass on that, frankly.

It's a big, loud, high-quality solid-state head that's good for heavy tones and poor for everything else. Type in 'Randall V2' for more info, they're basically the same amp.
hmmm...I'll hold out a bit longer to see if I can land a Peavey XXX or JSX, but I'll keep you in mind. I'll also check out some vids once I get home

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
great amp.

and if you're wandering about the difference between a Ninja nad a regular V2 is its active"er" eq's and better channels.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by kyle62
If you play any style other than über-brootz I'd pass on that, frankly.

It's a big, loud, high-quality solid-state head that's good for heavy tones and poor for everything else. Type in 'Randall V2' for more info, they're basically the same amp.

I really have to disagree man. It does every genre quite well because of the graphic EQ you can pretty much shape the tone however you want. Rolling back the gain on the tube overdrive channel also offers a lot of possibilities. While it is for sure geared toward metal (definitely won't contend that) it is great for more than just that.
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Quote by chuckmehh
I really have to disagree man. It does every genre quite well because of the graphic EQ you can pretty much shape the tone however you want. Rolling back the gain on the tube overdrive channel also offers a lot of possibilities. While it is for sure geared toward metal (definitely won't contend that) it is great for more than just that.

In fairness, I suspect the Randall cab probably had some effect on my judgement.

However, I can only think of one situation where a V2 would be preferable to a DSL100, and that's -you guessed it- metal.
Quote by kyle62
In fairness, I suspect the Randall cab probably had some effect on my judgement.

However, I can only think of one situation where a V2 would be preferable to a DSL100, and that's -you guessed it- metal.

I do agree with that statement. The original reason I messaged him with this trade offer was because he wanted an amp with more "tight high gain" haha I would say the Randall fits the bill perfectly!

I know what you're saying though; it definitely is a metal amp, but with a little eq'ing and fiddling around you can get anything from it. I just don't want a great head to get a bad rep.!
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables