So pit, I was wondering what the average price is for dalmatian puppies. Me and my gf have been looking into getting one, but I'm not sure how much I should expect to pay...I've heard they can get a bit pricey.
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
They are expensive, that's for sure. I think it's about 2000$.

Quote by burnboy85
I heard Dalmations are retard dogs, They are as dumb as a brick.

I guess you missed that movie, didn't you?
Last edited by The_Casinator at Oct 15, 2009,
I agree. Purebreds are expensive. I've been looking for a german shepherd puppy the past 2 months and some have gone as high as 1200 bucks. Lowest I've seen is 300. I'm just going to get a mix breed shepherd instead. A dog is a dog.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Bash them, pound them, crack them on the head!
Got any clorophorm?
I don't care how you kill the little beasts, just do it!

AND DO IT NOW!
Probably around £700.

They have high risk of deafness so check the puppy first - click around his ears etc.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Probably around £700.

They have high risk of deafness so check the puppy first - click around his ears etc.

yeah, use one of these right into his ear and see if he shows a reaction

Quote by Dirge Humani
Purebred anything will cost you an arm and a leg.

my chocolate lab was £500
Your prob better off going for Turkey meat, its a lot cheaper and tastes almost the same,
Quote by munkyRobb
my chocolate lab was £500

wait...

you can buy a CHOCOLATE LAB?

like in willy wonka's factory??

for only 500 pounds???

tell me where!!
Quote by HEXAGRAM66
Your prob better off going for Turkey meat, its a lot cheaper and tastes almost the same,

Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
It was totally weird.
Quote by HEXAGRAM66

D=

reported
Quote by Krenfro213
-1 for abused joke

well in that case -1 to TS for abused intellect.
my hovercraft is full of eels
Quote by Masamune
Adopt a puppy, who knows you might get lucky and find a Dalmatian mix which is close enough.

You won't, they are rare.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Have you two taken into account medical costs, food costs, amount of time you need to spend with the puppy, etc? You pretty much need at least one person with it constantly for pretty much the first few months.

Yeha I have a puppy, this is true.

Also with dalmatians you are pretty much going to have to train it for the rest of its life. They are pretty disobedient/strong-willed...
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Also with dalmatians you are pretty much going to have to train it for the rest of its life. They are pretty disobedient/strong-willed...

twats you mean?

i say get a cat, they look after themselves and they're cute.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Aye, they're mischeivous and assertive. You really need to know what you're doing when training an assertive breed.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Have you two taken into account medical costs, food costs, amount of time you need to spend with the puppy, etc? You pretty much need at least one person with it constantly for pretty much the first few months.

Yeah, I'll have all that covered. As for training, I have a buddy of mine who is excellent at that kind of stuff, so he'll be helping me out.
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
It was totally weird.
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
Yeah, I'll have all that covered. As for training, I have a buddy of mine who is excellent at that kind of stuff, so he'll be helping me out.

I hope so, because if you can't, then it's extremely unfair on both you and the puppy.
Bear in mind as well they will eat everything so you need to keep an eye on it all the time.

Buy a cage and research crate training. Even as an adult, they can never be left for more than 5 hours unless you pay for some kind of doggy daycare.

Dalmatians will probably need about 2 hours exercise a day as well.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Bear in mind as well they will eat everything so you need to keep an eye on it all the time.

Buy a cage and research crate training. Even as an adult, they can never be left for more than 5 hours unless you pay for some kind of doggy daycare.

Dalmatians will probably need about 2 hours exercise a day as well.

Hah, yeah I'm actually hoping that this dog will help me get back in shape, so I'm more than happy to take it running with me.
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
It was totally weird.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Oh, and Dalmatian puppies are spotless for the first few weeks, so if you view them before the 8-12 week cut-off where they're ok to be taken from their mother, they aren't broken

Really? that's so cute

If I ever get another dog it's between a dalmatian and a great dane....

(I won't ever get another dog, they're hard work and expensive)
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Really? that's so cute

If I ever get another dog it's between a dalmatian and a great dane....

(I won't ever get another dog, they're hard work and expensive)

You can see the spots starting to come through on those ones.

And if I ever get into a position where I can keep a dog correctly, I'd get me an Appenzeller Sennenhund

Oma and Opa used to have them before they passed away. Lovely dogs.
Quote by burnboy85
I heard Dalmations are retard dogs, They are as dumb as a brick.

True that. And it's not because they're deaf, my cousin's dog wasn't deaf at all and he was just STUPID.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.