I have been playing guitar for 38+ years, most of it being the 6 string variety. But during the middle 10 years I also played bass, which was subsequently sold along with my bass amp many moons ago. Still play my 6 & 12 strings though.

Well, last night I picked up what appears to be a 2008 Dean EABC (serial #Y08...).Its nearly mint, no dings or dents. I know this isn't a top of the line bass, but for what I need its fine.

It was listed on CL for $50 and supposedly had a fret buzz. I did the research and read that its a decent bass for its original cost. It read that it most likely will have buzzing issues and plugged in its so-so at best. But unplugged its quite capable.

I never played an acoustic bass before (only electrics, a 70's Kay SG style bass, and a Fender P-bass) and with acoustics normally being harder to play, I expected much worse. But for not having played a bass in a decade, it wasn't bad at all. The fit and finish were good. The frets had some sharp edges, but nothing too concerning (I'll get them fixed later). I was surprised how loud and clear it was unplugged. Good tone, not too hard to play. Plugged in, it was disappointing, although all the strings were of equal low volume. I guess thats what you get for it just having a passive pickup and no preamp.

All in all a decent find for $50. It should be fun.

Sorry for the poor quality pics.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
Nice find, I hope it brings many years of happy bassing to come.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Looks nice. I'm actually going to try some acoustic basses later today
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115