Last week my right shoulder started to hurt when i play, i stopped for a few days but it keeps comming back everytime i pick up the guitar now

I play about 1-2h per day and, my arm is always relaxed and never tense ..

what should i do ?
Could be the weight. You coulda strained it. You could need to warm up thoroughly before playing. Could be posture. Take a little break and warm up before playing. If it carries on consult a doctor.
What size strap do you use? If you're getting pains in your shoulder or back, its probably too thin and not distributing the weight of the guitar well.

Most straps that you get free with guitars (probably just under 2 inches wide) tend to give me bad shoulder pains if I am playing a couple of sets at a gig. I went and bought the widest strap I could (which obviously had to look cool too ) and I don't get any pains anymore!

Why not give that a go?

Ed
Quote by eddiestyle
What size strap do you use? If you're getting pains in your shoulder or back, its probably too thin and not distributing the weight of the guitar well.

Most straps that you get free with guitars (probably just under 2 inches wide) tend to give me bad shoulder pains if I am playing a couple of sets at a gig. I went and bought the widest strap I could (which obviously had to look cool too ) and I don't get any pains anymore!

Why not give that a go?

Ed

I don't use a strap, always sitting down when i play :/
Quote by vismbr
I don't use a strap, always sitting down when i play :/

In that case, your shoulder is probably tensed to hell...relax it. R-E-L-A-X your shoulder. Focus on relaxing and timing. Work on a lick/chord progression that you already have pretty well memorized, and slow it down and work HARD on relaxing while you play it. After that, work on relaxing with ALL of the things that you play.
Quote by The.new.guy
In that case, your shoulder is probably tensed to hell...relax it. R-E-L-A-X your shoulder. Focus on relaxing and timing. Work on a lick/chord progression that you already have pretty well memorized, and slow it down and work HARD on relaxing while you play it. After that, work on relaxing with ALL of the things that you play.

I'm always relaxed when i play, even if i just play scales up and down the neck extremely slow the shoulder hurts

Can it be something how i pick or how im holding my arm ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bBtAgKBXrk - wrist
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnitfpai-rI - arm position

Should i stop playing for a month ?
I had the same problem. Make sure when your sitting your back is straight and also its not twist left or right either. i found that when my back was twisted one it was uncomfortable but it puts more pressure on the shoulder. hope this helps
Could be a rotator cuff problem which won't get better unless you see a doc.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

sit up straight, like your mum tells you.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
I can see from the second vid you're holding your shoulder "up" a little the whole time. This is probably what's causing the problem - take a day or two off, sit back down, figure out how to relax it and then keep it relaxed.

The good news is you're going to play better after sorting this out.
Quote by Freepower
I can see from the second vid you're holding your shoulder "up" a little the whole time. This is probably what's causing the problem - take a day or two off, sit back down, figure out how to relax it and then keep it relaxed.

That's true, eventho i'm relaxed when i play im kinda pushing the shoulder and arm up abit .. i have never noticed this before, will try to stop it

thx!
Quote by Freepower

I have the same problem, when playing while sitting down..
My shoulder started hurting like hell a couple of days ago and it hasn't gone away.
I have tried playing less, but it doesn't go. I've seen that my right shoulder is pushed "up" all the time while sitting down, and pished "away" from me while standing up.. How do I sort this? Please help..
I do not want to have a signature anymore.
Quote by RDSElite
I have the same problem, when playing while sitting down..
My shoulder started hurting like hell a couple of days ago and it hasn't gone away.
I have tried playing less, but it doesn't go. I've seen that my right shoulder is pushed "up" all the time while sitting down, and pished "away" from me while standing up.. How do I sort this? Please help..

Quote by fixationdarknes
This is why I largely advocate classical/left-leg position for guitar.

Freepower posture lesson; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyvGD9edWcgn

I've seen that my right shoulder is pushed "up" all the time while sitting down, and pished "away" from me while standing up.. How do I sort this? Please help..

Basically, you pay attention to your shoulder and stop doing it. That's all there is to it.