What are everyone's thoughts on this? Worth 1k or not? I'm thinking about getting one, white w/ black bevels.
--Quote of the Day--

Quote by dfinch10

this guitar+ emgs=sex (sex for around 600 bucks mind you)

Gear:
Schecter C-1 FR
Peavey Vyper 30w
Digitech Death Metal Pedal
Hmm. Idk if I like the fact that it only has one pickup or not tho. But its the only RR-style guitar I can find with EMGs AND a Floyd. Tune-o-matic bridges just feel limiting to me.
--Quote of the Day--

Quote by dfinch10

Gear:
Schecter C-1 FR
Peavey Vyper 30w
It's worth the price just because the RR24M is just a RR24 with a Maple fretboard.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Anyone know of another Rhoads with dual EMGs and a Floyd? Or do I have to go Custom Shop =\.
--Quote of the Day--

Quote by dfinch10

Gear:
Schecter C-1 FR
Peavey Vyper 30w
Quote by MetalMyke
Anyone know of another Rhoads with dual EMGs and a Floyd? Or do I have to go Custom Shop =\.

I have seen one before with 2 Humbuckers, dunno about a floyd though. But I could be mistaken, cause the body looks too small for Dual Pickups. Maybe Try an ESP V?
US made RR-1, two passive duncans but they can be replaced with EMGs; you get a floyd but only 22 frets... also you have to pay more than twice what the RR24 costs!

You could always go for a ESP SV, floyd, rr-style, 24 frets, two emgs, 1.7 k
Last edited by EyeHatePunks at Oct 15, 2009,
You might be able to find a used RR3, RR5FR or RR24 that someone's swapped the pickups for EMG's
Or you could swap them yourself if you're willing to

EDIT: Or you could do what I did & get an Agile Reaper! The body shape is more like the ESP Alexi/SV (which is a bit bigger than an ordinary Rhoads) & there are curves in it...
http://www.rondomusic.com/product2205.html
There is also one the exact same, except with upside down cross inlays
Last edited by _-Joey-_ at Oct 15, 2009,
i've been questioning getting an RR24 too, but for the money its not worth it, floyd rose bridges aren't that great, you end up never using them, they don't hold the tuning that well, and with one pick up you are quite limited. let alone the fact that this is an emg 81 pick up that sounds the same if you put it on a guitar or a 2x4. they sound decent for riffs, but the lead sound is absolutely horrible, a guitar with seymour duncans would be much more rewarding, and a tune-o-matic bridge.
whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote by EJD
Reminds me of that drunkard who ran out of beer... he was so desperate, he drank furniture polish.

He came to a horrible end... but a beautiful finish.
Quote by matt360
i've been questioning getting an RR24 too, but for the money its not worth it, floyd rose bridges aren't that great, you end up never using them, they don't hold the tuning that well, and with one pick up you are quite limited. let alone the fact that this is an emg 81 pick up that sounds the same if you put it on a guitar or a 2x4. they sound decent for riffs, but the lead sound is absolutely horrible, a guitar with seymour duncans would be much more rewarding, and a tune-o-matic bridge.

What???
Quote by darkcheef
What???

this. Floyd Roses are some of the best things to keep tune.

anyways, I love RR24's. They play great in my opinion and they are worth the money IMO. I've played one many times at my local shop and as soon as I get money, I'll probably be getting one for myself.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by matt360

Practically the entire point of the Floyd Rose design is that they hold tune.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by EyeHatePunks
US made RR-1, two passive duncans but they can be replaced with EMGs; you get a floyd but only 22 frets... also you have to pay more than twice what the RR24 costs!

You could always go for a ESP SV, floyd, rr-style, 24 frets, two emgs, 1.7 k

You also get the top notch construction quality that Jackson USA provides, real mother of pearl inlays, top quality woods and the passive duncan combo of JB and Jazz are awesome.

In all honesty, for the RR24 doesn't provide the versitility that a thousand dollar guitar should. I'd check for a used RR1 or a Jackson Performer Series RR. Both models have great build quality and a H-H configuration
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
whats wrong with an rr5 and they swaping out the pickups ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Hmm. I'd do the ESP V except is EMG 81/81...and its just epicly horrid. I've looked into the Agile Reaper before. Is it good quality? Off-brandish guitars scare me a little.

I've looked at some other models Jackson offers, and the Phil Demmel sig offers what I desire...minus the Rhoads body. Hmm. Idk...maybe I should go custom shop.

@ Matt360: I banged your mom, doush bag.
--Quote of the Day--

Quote by dfinch10

Gear:
Schecter C-1 FR
Peavey Vyper 30w