sorry, im from tennessee, we say y'all.

Right now i have a mesa single rec with a behringer cab that im itch'n to get rid of because it sounds awful with the mesa.

i saw on my local craigslist, that a guy has a carvin cab for $180, now obviously you cant tell me if its a good cab unless i can tell you what model it is.

but my question was, in general are carvin cabs any good? do you think it would fit my mesa well?
Quote by woodenbandman
As far as I'm concerned, Boogies descended from heaven on a heavenly A Major soundwave played over a choir of angels singing America/God Save The Queen and giving out free candy.

Need some change for strings? http://www.cashcrate.com/2476533
A cabinet really depends on the speakers that are in it. Wood and construction play a smaller role. But in general, Carvin makes quality products.
Don't know much about what carvin has in their cabs, but a cab is a cab is a cab ussualy.
Look more the brand and type of speakers than the brandname of the cab.
I know that most carvin cabs have vintage 30's in them if that is the case with this one than you cannot really go wrong.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
I think it would work fine with a mesa head. Carvin isn't known (to my knowledge) for making crap. For the price I don't think you can go wrong.
carvin stuff is great, try it
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
I don't think Carvin CAN make bad stuff (save for their SS amps, waste of money IMO).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
carvin makes amazing amps and cabs, my carvin mts and my freinds legacy are both top notch stuff.
my mts is a mesa recto slayer
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Quote by IM SEAN CONNERY
Don't know much about what carvin has in their cabs, but a cab is a cab is a cab ussualy.
Look more the brand and type of speakers than the brandname of the cab.

I'm sorry, but a cab with ****ty construction will sound ****ty, no matter what speakers are in it.

To answer your question, Carvin usually makes very high quality stuff, so it's a good bet it will be an at least decent cab.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan