Page 1 of 26
Yeah these guys are from my home town (Indianapolis). I only discovered them last month though but I love them. They were supposed to play at this show I went a couple weeks ago but dropped themselves from it
I agree with your sentiment on the 1:53--4:46 part, but other than that, I'm not really blown away. They aren't a terrible band by any stretch, but they aren't spectacular...
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
^well, they have breaks like that in a lot of the songs, there's even an ambient section in Oscillator. But I guess the rest of the music is more my style than yours

It's weird how much I like this band. Usually it takes me a few listens to get into anything, but I liked this music pretty much immediately. Just ordered the cd, it's only $7 plus shipping and they seem like they need the money. Also I'm definitely going to the show on the 30th.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
^mhmm
True enough. Slightly too metallic for me, but I get why you like them.
Just not exactly my thing I guess...
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Their older album sounds like more traditional deathcore, if that's more up anyone's alley. Specifically the songs Shapeshifter and Invalidation Waves.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Last edited by GodofCheesecake at Oct 15, 2009,
I'll check it out then...
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Can't find it anywhere so I bought it. It's only $7.

What do you not like about it?
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Apparitions leaked. Right after I ordered it, of course

This stuff is awesome. I'm only a few songs in but already Infection sounds better than the version on their myspace. Can't wait until I get to Eyes: Closed. Also, for anyone who's heard Predator on the myspace, it's the album closer and it's 11 minutes long now.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
They're from Indy which is really near me, but I never really listened to them until now. Silly me.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
I just downloaded their little EP and I'm liking what they have to offer. Good find dudes.
I drink your milkshake.
I don't really like the EP haha. Get Apparitions! Different vocalist, significantly more proggrssive.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Come on man, where would we be today if nobody had ever combined genres? You and I sure as hell wouldn't be in this forum.

Yeah I guess. My main thing is I started getting into the ambience mood when all of a sudden the next breakdown comes in and clashes with it.
Listen to the song Oscillator then.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
just Dled the album. If BTBAM and After The Burial mated, this band would be their spawn.
THAT explains why I like them so much!
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
THAT explains why I like them so much!

Do u happen to like Within The Ruins?
untr00
I think I've heard a song by them, liked it okay. Sounded very much like a Sumerian band. I doubt they can touch After the Burial or BTBAM though
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Last edited by GodofCheesecake at Oct 21, 2009,
Quote by GodofCheesecake
I think I've heard a song by them, liked it okay. Sounded very much like a Sumerian band. I doubt they can touch After the Burial of BTBAM though

What's this about the burial of BTBAM?!

Pretty cool band, though.
DAMMIT, you HAD to catch my tpyo, didn't you?

EDIT: lolololunintentionalirony
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Apparitions. There's a leak of it on Total Deathcore, I think. I would highly recommend it.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT

It filled the empty spaces in my life until I got my hands on TGM.

...Okay, so that's a bit melodramatic, but it's awesome music
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Dude, I know! I heard those two on their myspace and ordered the album almost immediately haha. Although at that point it hadn't leaked yet. Oh well, it was only $7 and they seem like they need the money.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
They're currently touring if you live in the states. I plan on seeing them next week. If you live in a different country though I don't see them making it out there any time soon =/
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
They're currently touring if you live in the states. I plan on seeing them next week. If you live in a different country though I don't see them making it out there any time soon =/

I live in Australia, the land that bands forget
All right then...

Well hopefully they get signed to a label and start touring with BTBAM and After the Burial. Because that would be AWESOME.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I posted that they reminded me of BTBAM without noticing that EVERYONE else said the same thing

Something about their melodic parts reminds me of Explosions in the Sky.
Quote by Floyd93
I posted that they reminded me of BTBAM without noticing that EVERYONE else said the same thing

Something about their melodic parts reminds me of Explosions in the Sky.

OMG I thought that too, well more just Post-Rock, but still, part of the reason I liked it so much was because of this
Saw them last night in a tiny venue with about 30 people. And I got the feeling the majority of the other people were in the other bands that played before them...

AMAZING show though. They were dead-on musically, they had great tone, and they were really into it. They played a GREAT show. After the first two bands I was like "...did I really pay ten bucks for this?" but then The Contortionist played their set and I would've payed ten bucks just to see that set alone.

They played exclusively stuff off Apparitions, which is good because their old EP is meh. If I remember right they played:
Infection
Realms
Oscillator
Apparitions instrumental into Predator
Eyes Closed into Eyes Opened

So basically all of Apparitions out of order.

I talked to their singer (who is hilarious, by the way) afterward and asked him why they aren't signed. Some other dudes were there too and they were like "you should sign to Sumerian!" and he was just like "...nah" in a friendly way. Like, he had a joking manner but I could tell they're not interested in Sumerian, for some reason.

I seriously believe these guys have the talent and ability to be way bigger than they are now, though. They need to get signed and promoted. More people need to hear their music.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Yeah, that was pretty crazy. Like, after the show a ton of people were hanging out waiting to meet BTBAM and buy merch and stuff, and I was sitting with Cody and his girlfriend and then I saw the guitarist from The Contortionist walk by. He was wearing the same shirt he performed in the night before. And I just kinda stared at him and then turned to Cody and Emma and was like "...that was the dude from the Contortionist!" And then I saw them all later and walked up to them and was like "Dude, the Contortionist! I was at your show last night!"

So yeah, that was cool. I'm probably rambling but I'm still pretty tired from last night haha.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT