Okay, I just fired my lead guitar player last night and now it's just my drummer (an older cousin of mine whose been Drumming for about 25-30 years) and I. Were an 80s thrash cover band named "Justice Sells" and I'm currently looking for a bassist. I also need a new lead guitarist too...I'm not sure which I should find first. There's a plethora of guitarists in the area that can do what I want them to do, but not too many bassists. So I think I'll try to find one of them first. Any tips on where to look? I've tried Craigslist and all I get are assholes who show up and can't stay in the ****ing pocket. I think worst case scenario I'll drop the thrash idea and just have a power trio band and I'll learn to play the bass so we can be just a three piece band, shouldn't be too hard to find another guitar player.
My grandfather would say: "I'm going upstairs to fuck your grandmother". He was an honest man, and he wasn't going to bullshit a four-year-old.

-Carlin
Bassists suck. Its hard to find a good one and alot of times the bassist is the most attention hungry prima dona in the world, and the least musically talented.

Keep doing what you're doing.....good luck
I hate my sig
No reason you can't find a guitarist first, plus the guitarist might know a good bassist.

Ah see what happens when I use my brain
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
nobody wants to play bass, are you that great? Why don't you play bass, you can still write the songs.. you've got to man up and play bass, because the few good bass players are very picky with who they play with
Quote by Peaceful Rocker
nobody wants to play bass, are you that great? Why don't you play bass, you can still write the songs.. you've got to man up and play bass, because the few good bass players are very picky with who they play with

^this
if you re doing thrash the bass lines are usually just chug on the roots and follow the guitars on riffs so the bass lines shouldn't be to difficult for you to play. And Peaceful Rocker you are right in the fact as a bassist I'm picky with just who I play with, I cant stand to play with people with no knowledge of theory and chord structure, I dont care how fast you can shred or how well you can read tabs
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Fender Jazz V
Yahama Pacifica 112
Acoustic B200h
2 custom 1x15 cabs
Vox AD30VT
too many pedals
You can post an ad it the local music shop, I think you'd get a more serious selection of people there. Social networking sites could help as well.

Also, I think that switching from guitar to bass shouldn't be your first option. It would be better to have a bass player that knows his way around a bass than a guitar player filling in for one IMO.
Schecter Hellraiser V1 / Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 / Gallien Krueger 400RB / Hartke Transporter 4x10 / Digitech BP200 / Pod Studio GX